Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Supercharging UX Case Study

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Utterly awful guff.

Assumes his own ignorance applies to other people and makes unwanted suggestions.

1. People want to know what money they've spent far more than some fishy approximation claiming they have saved money.
2. The 'technical details' are entirely understandable
3. The UI is different now anyway, we all decided to get rid of irrelevant skeuomorphism as it's naff.

Have to say I broadly agree with @GRiLLA, particularly on the "what you're saving" aspect which is always going to be nebulous (saving vs what? petrol? in a different car entirely? vs home charging when it doesn't know what you pay? etc)

I don't think the existing UI is perfect - I don't particularly care what the amperage or voltage is, so long as it's charging. I only really need to know the kW the car is receiving. In that respect I agree with the "Advanced Options" being below the fold. That's about it though.

The sharing crap is cringe.

I liked the format of the presentation though.

I liked the format of the presentation though.
Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 16.32.59.png

:)

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel
Good lord that made me barf. Total utter cringe! I bought the car already, gladly left all that savings crap on the website! Please don't actually put it in car! And where's my reward message for charging my car? Good god! Current and voltage... confusing? My life! I dunno, is this how 'young people' think, or something? Siiiigh.

And you've committed one of my number one pet hates - you've 'cleaned' an already perfectly clean screen by moving useful information to a ****ing hidden sub screen/overflow screen! Slow clap.

I can do even better - the car can give the user 'likes' for good driving such as keeping to the speed limit and keeping your hand on the wheel using AP! You can wave to fellow Tesla owners and their cameras detect the gesture and it translates as a like for that owner. Get enough likes and you can trade them for... I was gonna say supercharger miles, but that would be too actually useful. So likes can be traded for gems. Gems can be used in a new in car store to buy skins, hats, decals, etc for the on screen car avatar. You can also use real money to buy gold, which can also be used in the store at a randomly variable exchange rate to gems.

Something like that. Kids who made this video would love it!

Last edited:
That was the worst experience I have had with someone trying to present a couple of ideas for changes, to start with a suggestion that it is best viewed with your phone in landscape is ok, but actually it is mandatory…. Then why say something in 3 slides, when you can use 40+

Couple of interesting ideas to add savings through, but compared to what?!?

The rest just increase the UX irritation level by hiding information and replacing with pointless empty space.

All in all a good advert to not use that UX design company :)

Reactions: andyf1140