Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesmanian Model Y Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up going with these mats for my Y. Here are some pics. I let them sit out for 24 hours on flat surface like they recommend. The 2nd row and driver mats were a perfect fit. The passenger mat had some slight gaps along the inside of it but nothing major in my opinion. Very happy with them. They look great!

Attachments

• Tesmanian floor mats 2nd row.jpg
    Tesmanian floor mats 2nd row.jpg
    702.7 KB · Views: 327
  • Tesmanian floor mats driver.jpg
    Tesmanian floor mats driver.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Tesmanian Floor mats passenger.jpg
    Tesmanian Floor mats passenger.jpg
    858.6 KB · Views: 218
I did it. It works. The back fits just fine. The front passenger and driver cause a little wrinkle on the right edge but it settles out and is worth the benefits IMO.
Can someone explain the benefits of putting carpet inside the all weather mat?

I’m genuinely trying to understand. The purpose of the all weather is that if mud, snow, water, etc get on them it’s easy to clean up or hose off. By putting the carpet inside of them it seems like it defeats the purpose of them. Why not just leave the carpets in place and not buy the all weather mats?

I would avoid using two sets of floor mats in any car at the same time. Too dangerous as they could block or interfere with the pedals.
probably adding carpeting over the driver side winter mat would be problematic, but the appearance of the plastic mats is not that good looking. laying the oem carpeting on top of the winter mats at other seating positions may look better. no harm in trying it out. some will like the look and others won't. the suggestion to ceramic coat the oem fabric mats may work well.

Can someone explain the benefits of putting carpet inside the all weather mat?

I’m genuinely trying to understand. The purpose of the all weather is that if mud, snow, water, etc get on them it’s easy to clean up or hose off. By putting the carpet inside of them it seems like it defeats the purpose of them. Why not just leave the carpets in place and not buy the all weather mats?
I live in a southern city with sandy soil and bad roads so our cars get a lot of sand and fine road debris in them. The all weather mats catch the sand so it doesn't sink into the crevices of the car. The removable carpet vacuums or dumps out a lot easier than the carpet that is permanently under them which in many cars is like velcro. Makes it much easier to clean kind of like the best of both worlds. I don't use the carpet on the drivers side just the passenger and rear.

• Informative
Reactions: jdr93
not sure why everyone seems to love the Tesmanian mats so much, particularly given that they are not fitting properly with the bulge. I can't stand the slick, hard plastic type feel.

I got the Basenor set from Amazon. Are they perfect? No. But the rubber feel is much nicer I.M.O. and the fit is good. I wouldn't recommend the frunk liner from them, but the fronts, the rear seats, and the rear cargo ones are nice.

Reactions: rklip
not sure why everyone seems to love the Tesmanian mats so much, particularly given that they are not fitting properly with the bulge. I can't stand the slick, hard plastic type feel.

I got the Basenor set from Amazon. Are they perfect? No. But the rubber feel is much nicer I.M.O. and the fit is good. I wouldn't recommend the frunk liner from them, but the fronts, the rear seats, and the rear cargo ones are nice.

They do a great job marketing with affiliates.

I do think the bulge is annoying but fixable. My mats don't seem to be any slipperier than the Maxpider mats I had. Then tesmania have a decent texture to them so they don't feel too smooth.

I was a little worried about the slick hard "Rubbermaid trashcan" feel of them when I first got them. They are definitely plastic, not rubber, but once they were installed they feel just rubbery/grippy and flexible enough for my tastes. I'm happy with them overall.