Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuxMat or 3d Maxpider/LCDS Floormats for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to pick up floor mats for a '23 Model Y. Debating between Tuxmats or the Maxpider/LDCRS style of mats? Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other? Obviously, Tuxmats offer more coverage but do you find that coverage intrusive at all (particularly on the driver leg)? Anything else I should consider? Thanks!

I love my Maxpider mats on my 23MYP. I got the full package, including rear seat back protectors but got the older variety (not the 'Elitect'). They get love from the wife, too.... while they tend to get dirtier easier (because you can see dirt/debris), the cleanup SOOOO much easier.

And the accidental spill from a pickle container from Costco last week in the trunk was fully contained by the mats and I'm pretty much saved our marriage due to these mats... so there's that :)

I bought them from Teslarati on the Black Friday special - decent deal but it took months to resolve issues getting the cubby base mats for the trunk (but they were great and finally sorted everything without cost to me)

I have had Maxpider and multiple Amazon brand mats. All of them have the same 7/10 coverage. Tuxmat are 10/10 coverage, virtually every inch of carpet. There is no instrusion to your leg space, each piece conforms all around the footwell and areas of the seat base. So mad I wasted money on every other set.
From what I understand you can't really use under seat storage (at least for the front with the tuxmat) - did you find that to be the case? Also, did you get the trunk mat too? Is the trunk mat worth it or go cheaper for that?

From what I understand you can't really use under seat storage (at least for the front with the tuxmat) - did you find that to be the case? Also, did you get the trunk mat too? Is the trunk mat worth it or go cheaper for that?
Correct there is some parts wrapping around the seat base which is just enough to block under seat trays in the front.

The trunk mat is not worth it. I bought it used and sold it again in favor of a plain hard plastic trunk mat. It just does not stay in place well.

Thanks, thats helpful. Definitii
Correct there is some parts wrapping around the seat base which is just enough to block under seat trays in the front.

The trunk mat is not worth it. I bought it used and sold it again in favor of a plain hard plastic trunk mat. It just does not stay in place well.
Thanks. Definitely looks like the Tuxmat can't be beat for coverage - especially with a kid. Question, did you tuck the Tuxmat under the back seat (not just clips but actually tuck the mat in)?

Thanks, thats helpful. Definitii

Thanks. Definitely looks like the Tuxmat can't be beat for coverage - especially with a kid. Question, did you tuck the Tuxmat under the back seat (not just clips but actually tuck the mat in)?
I’m currently using the 5 seater mat on a 7 seater and it just free floats because it’s not an exact fit. when I had it on a 5 seater I don’t remember. I think the edge just fit the corner gap between the seat cushion and base. don’t remember if it pushes in to any extent.

Tuxmats are number 1, I have the 3D Elitect, purchased before I found the tuxmats and had to add the Lasfit center console side protection to equal the Tuxmats coverage

agree with everyone on the underseat trays, dont bother for they interfere with these high coverage mats and you have soo much storage already:

frunk, hatch, hatch sides (2), hatch under (deep), hatch under toward front (i call this deep storage for its harder to get to)

although pricy, I do like the divider drop in for the frunk
1705541402599.png

Looking to pick up floor mats for a '23 Model Y. Debating between Tuxmats or the Maxpider/LDCRS style of mats? Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other? Obviously, Tuxmats offer more coverage but do you find that coverage intrusive at all (particularly on the driver leg)? Anything else I should consider? Thanks!
Absolutely get the struggle, mate! When it comes to floor mats for your '23 Model Y, it boils down to preference. Tuxmats offer that extra coverage, which is fantastic, especially for keeping every inch protected. However, it's wise to consider whether the added coverage might feel intrusive, particularly around the driver's leg area.

On the flip side, the Maxpider/LDCRS style mats are sleek and can complement your car's interior aesthetics. They still offer good coverage, albeit a bit less than Tuxmats.

Now, adding a bit of my own wisdom here—TESERY's Tesla Model Y all-weather floor mats strike a nice balance. They provide excellent coverage without being overly intrusive. Plus, they're tailored for a perfect fit, and the material is top-notch for durability.

Thanks everyone. Actually ended up doing a combo. Got the Tuxmat front/rear for the extra coverage and am using LDCRS for the trunk/subtrunk/frunk. Both sets fit really well and were nice quality - just ended up going for the extra coverage for front/rear for snow, etc. It really comes down to a personal preference as to style/look. I also reached out to both via email or message and found both of their customer service very responsive and helpful so I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Thanks everyone. Actually ended up doing a combo. Got the Tuxmat front/rear for the extra coverage and am using LDCRS for the trunk/subtrunk/frunk. Both sets fit really well and were nice quality - just ended up going for the extra coverage for front/rear for snow, etc. It really comes down to a personal preference as to style/look. I also reached out to both via email or message and found both of their customer service very responsive and helpful so I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Don’t forget the Fanttik vac in the vehicle