Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test drive or not?

Did you test drive a Model 3 before ordering/delivery?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went for a test drive, had never driven or even been in an EV until the day i rocked up at Tesla Birmingham. I test drove a Tesla Model 3 LR and decided by the time i had got back to the garage that the Model 3 was for me. Ordered that very same evening.

Yep. That seems to be common. Similar story for me. The tech, and being environment friendly are big pluses for me but it's that instant torque that is so addictive you don't want to drive anything else once you have. I'm adding acceleration boost the second my Tesla app syncs up and lets me.

I actually had a Mustang Mach-E on pre-order, but yesterday test drove a Tesla Model 3 and it really sold me. Cancelled my Mustang order and ordered a Model 3 LR

They had a brand new one with the updated door panels

1621026512208.png

1621026520556.png

I actually had a Mustang Mach-E on pre-order, but yesterday test drove a Tesla Model 3 and it really sold me. Cancelled my Mustang order and ordered a Model 3 LR

They had a brand new one with the updated door panels

View attachment 662353

View attachment 662354
Thanks for posting these. I ordered this exact config but haven’t seen it in person or many real world pics. Obviously needs a wash but otherwise looks really nice in blue with black interior.

I ordered my M3P in late March without a test drive, and I have yet to do so. Granted, everything has been locked down here because of COVID-19. I'm buying this car for the performance and I know I can live with whatever other annoyances might come up. Don't care about practicality, heck, even comfort is secondary.

My purchase decision was between the M3P and the C8 Corvette. I'm sure not many people cross-shop those cars :). I decided on the Model 3 because it's usable in winter, and as an electrical engineer, EVs appeal to me (I also have a Volt). The C8 might be even longer wait to get than the Model 3 right now anyways, lol.

Reactions: MadMax082
I ordered my M3P in late March without a test drive, and I have yet to do so. Granted, everything has been locked down here because of COVID-19. I'm buying this car for the performance and I know I can live with whatever other annoyances might come up. Don't care about practicality, heck, even comfort is secondary.

My purchase decision was between the M3P and the C8 Corvette. I'm sure not many people cross-shop those cars :). I decided on the Model 3 because it's usable in winter, and as an electrical engineer, EVs appeal to me (I also have a Volt). The C8 might be even longer wait to get than the Model 3 right now anyways, lol.
I was exactly in your shoes last quarter. Never driven it before. You’ll not be disappointed, I guarantee it. It very comfy too. My wife can’t handle it when I floor it. Acceleration never gets old. I beat all Corvettes at the light lmao. They always give me thumbs up when they catch up at the next light :)

Bought mine without ever sitting in a M3 or really even seeing on up-close. I am also considering putting the Acceleration Boost upgrade on it before I even take it off the lot.. I am thinking I want the best OMFG experience. I know I will get AB for it anyhow.. so why not day one...

I've always driven higher horsepower V8 cars and trucks.. but never anything that would have the equiv of just under 500 hp and such torque off the line. apparently the car is planted as well.. matting it and you don't roast the tires off.. So very much looking forward to it.. The moment Canadian lockdown is over I am thinking of driving across Canada stopping in at my work's datacentres along the way.. Ontario - BC and it would cost about 150 bucks in charging total.. and that's if I use superchargers and not destination chargers at hotels. :) Been cooped up working from home since Feb 2020.. Stir-crazy would be an understatement. :)

Bought mine without ever sitting in a M3 or really even seeing on up-close. I am also considering putting the Acceleration Boost upgrade on it before I even take it off the lot.. I am thinking I want the best OMFG experience. I know I will get AB for it anyhow.. so why not day one...

I've always driven higher horsepower V8 cars and trucks.. but never anything that would have the equiv of just under 500 hp and such torque off the line. apparently the car is planted as well.. matting it and you don't roast the tires off.. So very much looking forward to it.. The moment Canadian lockdown is over I am thinking of driving across Canada stopping in at my work's datacentres along the way.. Ontario - BC and it would cost about 150 bucks in charging total.. and that's if I use superchargers and not destination chargers at hotels. :) Been cooped up working from home since Feb 2020.. Stir-crazy would be an understatement. :)
It usually takes a couple days until you can buy software upgrades I believe.

I took a test drive around 2 years ago and then spent all my time since then wondering if I could afford it, since I've always been very utilitarian in my vehicle choices. My wife had taken a Model S performance test drive (without me, darn it!), so she was already on board. I finally felt like we were in a good position to pull the trigger and my old car (2013 Toyota Prius C) was starting to have some annoying minor issues, so I finally ordered about a week ago. Fortunately for me, I was next in line to get a car (we alternate who gets their new car, barring emergencies). Now I'm just in waiting area limbo, but already planning a week-long road trip!

Reactions: BrianBigNFun