Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Drive Scheduling through Tesla website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TrumpetTitan

Model 3 Performance
May 17, 2018
Baltimore
When I visited the Tesla website yesterday, there was a popup window indicating that Model 3 test drives will be available soon. I was able to sign up.

Just an FYI for those wishing to test drive before ordering/configuring.

I'm looking forward to experiencing the car. Hopefully the handling is good and the steering is direct and responsive. I'm certain it will make a wonderful commuter car, but I want it to also be pleasurable for my spirited driving.

I signed up for a test drive through the website and .... nothing happened. I waited a few days and went to my local showroom to see if I could schedule one there. Turns out, I could - I'm booked for tomorrow at 11am.

I'm torn between gleeful anticipation and a vague dread that this might be the start of a slippery slope.

I had my test drive today and was very impressed with the car. My only regret is that the test drive course didn't allow one to really explore all the car's capabilities. But watching it on autopilot smoothly following traffic on the highway was amazing. Science fiction level stuff.

I signed up on website multiple times. The first time, I got a call after a couple of weeks...from the showroom at my old address in another state. This was the nearest showroom to when I put in my reservation a long time ago at the original launch. This despite the fact that the website asked for a ZIP code when requesting a test drive, and my online account had been updated.

The nice person from my old address said she would note my account, and I put in another request online, but still never heard from them locally.

Did go test drive a Model S, and sat in a Model 3, so I felt comfortable enough to order. Picking up P3D+ today in Fremont!