Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Testing, testing, 40KW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loaded up! No magic smoke…

IMG_1013.jpeg

edit: eat your heart out @h2ofun

Last edited:
running three heaters (16kw, 9.6kw, 9.6kw), car charger @30 amps and house loads... wanted to see what happens. It is finally cold out, woke up and house was cold!

has anyone tried imbalanced 120v load to see where they trip.. manual says "imbalance for split-phase loads" 100%; does that mean L1=0Kw, L2=5Kw?

@h2ofun you could heat the lake during the summer! Your peak is higher in July then mine, but I make up for it during winter, more to do with location and weather then size.
I might be able to heat the lake, but with 100% heat pumps, the amount I use in Dec and Jan is nuts!! My bill last month, and this is with producing some solar, was 800 bucks, Jan will be worse.

But, the EV is taking a lot, so sure glad I got all these extra panels when I did. I can keep my large house nice and toasty, we can wear short sleeves in the house when it is freezing outside. :)

running three heaters (16kw, 9.6kw, 9.6kw), car charger @30 amps and house loads... wanted to see what happens. It is finally cold out, woke up and house was cold!

has anyone tried imbalanced 120v load to see where they trip.. manual says "imbalance for split-phase loads" 100%; does that mean L1=0Kw, L2=5Kw?
I think that perhaps not exactly. My bet would be L1=0 and L2=2.5kW. The CSI solar explicitly calls out 100% split-phase imbalance as half of the total output, and that would makes sense electronically (two back to back 2.5kW inverters get you the total output of 5kW). The breaker(s) on the Powerwall output aren't going to let out 5kW on a single phase either, as it would overload the wiring...

Still, impressive loads!

All the best,

BG

I think that perhaps not exactly. My bet would be L1=0 and L2=2.5kW. The CSI solar explicitly calls out 100% split-phase imbalance as half of the total output, and that would makes sense electronically (two back to back 2.5kW inverters get you the total output of 5kW). The breaker(s) on the Powerwall output aren't going to let out 5kW on a single phase either, as it would overload the wiring...

Still, impressive loads!

All the best,

BG
I don’t know the definition. If I was to define it, then 50% would be 0/2.5KW (L1/L2). But cold see it either way.