Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas LOVES Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@NonChaotic: Off the top of my head: Show the car at local open events like Coffee and Cars, attend National Plug In Day in your city or host one if there isn't one in your city; testify at the Texas House and/or Senate hearings when the bill comes up in 2 years, give factual talks at schools on green themed days, etc.

@NonChaotic

To add to what Stephen wrote, and off the top of my head is a good way to start…

Had a look at your previous posts through the View Forum Posts feature. It seems you have ordered a Model S that will be delivered in this coming year. What was your and your wife’s primary motive behind getting a Tesla? Why do you “LOVE” Tesla? Maybe the answer to your question lies there.

I can think of possible strategies, but if you could share some with regards to the answers to those questions, then hopefully that can help.

Tesla is the perfect car for Texas. That's what scares them the most !
Having spent many, many hours on the Hardy Toll Road and 610 Loop from the Woodlands in the 1990's, oh how I would have loved this car then.
But alas, it's not about the technology or car, it's about the entenched dealers and their lock on the car buying public.
Hopefully, rational minds may emerge in Austin...eventually.

Write your congressmen. Both of them. You can even do it online via their "your congressman" webpages. Tell them you're a registered voter and explain why you love this car and why it's critically important to you that we don't keep stonewalling it in Texas.

A few extra letters from constituents changes this from a "low hanging fruit for lobbyists" issue to a somewhat more contentious "my voters are paying attention to it" issue, which will make them more wary out trying to outright ban it. Also, volunteer to allow them to test drive your car, if you're so inclined ;)

YES! Come to C&C tomorrow morning! Weather is great, and since you're already in Frisco, it's a short drive!

Power in numbers, guys!

If you are coming to Cars and Coffee in Plano on Jan. 4, you might consider getting there early (definitely before 6:45), so we can group together.
Sometimes when weather is good, and you get there after 7, you are too late, and they only let in the Lambos and exotic Ferraris.

Lot size is greatly reduced right now, full of Bimmers.