Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Your configuration is identical to mine except for the FSD. I assume FSD is enabled via software so I get a little frustrated trying to understand why I can't seem to get a VIN. I ordered about 11 months before you did. The delivery process seems to be horribly random when you don't know how they do it. Let us know how your delivery goes. I'm hoping initial quality issues continue to improve as time goes on.

I ordered this Feb and am scheduled for pickup in 2 weeks. I can certainly understand your frustration. Seeing how many early ordering folks are well behind those of us that recently ordered would kill any chance of an early order from me in the future.

Reactions: theganjaguru
I agree with you. Yours should be assigned and delivered before mine. If you haven't already done it, take this time to prep your home charging infrastructure and acquire accessories or equipment you may need. Maybe that will help pass the time.
That is all done. :D I have a charger to be installed, a bid on the installation and the homelink module. Since I don't have my final numbers, I'm hesitating on having the charger installed. There is a small chance I may cancel this order if they "adjust" my trade in value down too much more, so I'm hesitating on spending any more money at this point. The chance of cancelling is small but I won't feel comfortable until I have all the numbers and a committed delivery date. There are things at play with the delivery process I think that none of us are aware of and we just have to wait. I have hopes something will happen this week, but you never know with Tesla.

I ordered this Feb and am scheduled for pickup in 2 weeks. I can certainly understand your frustration. Seeing how many early ordering folks are well behind those of us that recently ordered would kill any chance of an early order from me in the future.
Yeah, I really think Tesla is being very short sighted here. They need to start building a loyal customer base that has a great experience so we can be their advertising and promote their products (since Tesla doesn't advertise). In another couple of years, Tesla will have a lot more competition. Granted we all know they are ahead of the game in most cases but other companies like Audi, Volvo, BMW, Volkswagen, etc. are all moving forward with electrifying their line up. Tesla's lead in this market and the technology will start diminishing and I think they need to start insuring they have loyal customers. The reservation process works when you honor some sort of priority on the orders. If you don't you just make the folks who signed up early hacked off and then when you do this process again, less people will sign up. I think the problem is there are way more folks willing to put up with this to get the car (I'm guilty of this) and it isn't incenting Tesla to do the right thing at this point. What do you think would happen to the initial quality if everyone declined delivery if there were minor quality issues? Right now we will take the bad quality to get our cars, so Tesla says, okay, keep producing cars with issues, we will fix them later. We are our own worst enemies... :rolleyes:

I've sometimes wondered if the reason why some of these very early reservations are not being fulfilled yet others who ordered recently are, is because of the change in price. Early adopters got free wheel upgrades and/or FSD for cheaper than new orders today. And we've been told that if changes are made to the order then that resets the price to current, so your FSD just got $1k or $2k more if you change from white seats to black because white seats are like unicorns apparently. Kind of makes you wonder if they want you to make a change from black exterior or white seats so you can get your MY quicker, but at extra cost = more profit. Just a thought... Trying to understand their logic in how the orders are getting fulfilled, and nothing makes any sense. I might as well try to figure out the next set of lotto numbers, I'd probably have more success with that. :rolleyes:

I've sometimes wondered if the reason why some of these very early reservations are not being fulfilled yet others who ordered recently are, is because of the change in price. Early adopters got free wheel upgrades and/or FSD for cheaper than new orders today. And we've been told that if changes are made to the order then that resets the price to current, so your FSD just got $1k or $2k more if you change from white seats to black because white seats are like unicorns apparently. Kind of makes you wonder if they want you to make a change from black exterior or white seats so you can get your MY quicker, but at extra cost = more profit. Just a thought... Trying to understand their logic in how the orders are getting fulfilled, and nothing makes any sense. I might as well try to figure out the next set of lotto numbers, I'd probably have more success with that. :rolleyes:
I'm not willing to risk my place in line going to the back and Tesla telling me that because I changed I'm in the back and will get my car some time in 2021. Since there is no real logic here I'm sticking with my guns and staying with what I ordered. I did consider changing to white as it was a premium color when I ordered but I've was afraid what that would do to my place in a line that apparently doesn't exist. I may have a better chance on checking with my local delivery center to see if they have any cars that were from cancelled orders. Right now Houston has no extra model Ys, but that could change. I agree, it is more fruitful to try to figure out lottery numbers than trying to make sense of Tesla. Keep in mind too that the early orders plunked down $2500 that Tesla has been holding on to for over a year.

Starting a tread for the Texas owners and people waiting on delivery. I’ve not seen a lot of posts from Texans and it might be good to have a place to communicate on Model Ys in the Lone Star state. I’m still waiting on a VIN for a Blue/ Black AWS 19s FSD that was ordered on 3/17/19.

For those in Houston, the Houston Galleria has a Model Y available for test drives. It is not in the showroom, it is downstairs in the the parking garage area where Tesla keeps the demo cars. It is a MSM AWD 20s. I’m scheduled to drive it next Monday. It looked good.

Interested in hearing if any Texans are taking delivery soon. I’ve not seen any posts lately.
You may want to post in Texas
Lots of Texans in there :cool:
Also less traffic so your post stays at near the top longer.

I'm not sure what is happening to delay delivery to those of us that ordered early on. I've been trying to find a pattern but really haven't seen anything conclusive. I was suspecting that trade-ins may be slowing some of this down in that Tesla is either purposely dragging their feet in processing orders with trade ins as the prices keep dropping or because of the pandemic the department that assesses the value of trade ins is overwhelmed and struggling to keep up. Also I think transportation has a lot to do with it. I think they try to batch orders so they can be grouped on trucks to be sent to the delivery centers. So maybe they hold orders for Houston until they can fill a truck bound for that area. All speculation on my part, but these seem to be the only things that makes sense.

Still not seeing many TX model Y deliveries. I don't know if it is just because there aren't that many orders from Texas or if we for some reason are at the bottom of the delivery list. I'm checking for a VIN daily with no news. :( Curious to know if there is anyone out there that has received their MYs and when.

Still not seeing many TX model Y deliveries. I don't know if it is just because there aren't that many orders from Texas or if we for some reason are at the bottom of the delivery list. I'm checking for a VIN daily with no news. :( Curious to know if there is anyone out there that has received their MYs and when.

I wonder if it’s due to the shutdown orders for Harris county and maybe an issue related to obtaining temporary tags?

First post!!

I just got a VIN assigned last night for a MSM/Black AWD 19s/No FSD. Haven't gotten a delivery date yet since it hasn't finished production just yet according to my advisor in Las Vegas, but hopefully should be within the first two weeks of June here in El Paso.

First post!!

I just got a VIN assigned last night for a MSM/Black AWD 19s/No FSD. Haven't gotten a delivery date yet since it hasn't finished production just yet according to my advisor in Las Vegas, but hopefully should be within the first two weeks of June here in El Paso.
Yeah, I think they are assigning new production VINs quickly, but don't have delivery dates for them yet. It will be interesting when these start showing delivery dates...

I got my VIN early last week and still shows 6/4 delivery date. I'm sure it was in the queue somewhere so as soon as they came out of shutdown, my VIN/date were updated.

My order date was 1/30/2020.

Well, what do you know... I'm seeing my VIN now. Looks legit but since I'm getting out of the web source code, I'm a bit guarded on considering this as my true VIN. It is in the 69xx range which is somewhat low from what I've been seeing but VINs seem to be all over the place. I taking this as a sign that things are moving forward. I've not had any formal communication from Tesla. I'm hoping the number is lower as they have had it a while and been doing more QA on it. ;)

Reactions: theganjaguru
Well, what do you know... I'm seeing my VIN now. Looks legit but since I'm getting out of the web source code, I'm a bit guarded on considering this as my true VIN. It is in the 69xx range which is somewhat low from what I've been seeing but VINs seem to be all over the place. I taking this as a sign that things are moving forward. I've not had any formal communication from Tesla. I'm hoping the number is lower as they have had it a while and been doing more QA on it. ;)
My VIN is 5xxx, delivering next week, so don't put too much in the number...Tesla produces them out of order, more just the bucket it got put into. Good luck!!!