Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I'll be waiting too. Considering they are screwing with my account and purchase agreement I may not be able to get the car this weekend. My first payment went through yesterday, so I feel your pain. I also got the bill for my auto insurance increase a couple days ago. Funny we are paying for cars we have yet to see. I think there is something wrong with us. :D

im just going to remind myself of the test drive and how much fun the car is. I at least don’t have the trade issue you have.

If they don’t get an exception as part of the gigs factory bid for Texas, I’m going to pay cash for the next Tesla.

im just going to remind myself of the test drive and how much fun the car is. I at least don’t have the trade issue you have.

If they don’t get an exception as part of the gigs factory bid for Texas, I’m going to pay cash for the next Tesla.

Yeah, lesson learned. Tesla should just give up on the trade in thing and tell folks to go to CarMax, CarVana, etc. The COVID thing threw a big wrench into the works on top of Tesla's lack-luster delivery process. I think if I hadn't had my trade evaluation done just as all the COVID stuff started it wouldn't have been such a mess.

Tesla is so inconsistent. I have an order for a Performance stealth, no trade in. I haven’t had a car in over a year. I was able to test drive the Model 3, no problem, but now they won’t let me test drive the Model Y without an insurance card. But the sales associate did say I have 7 days/1000 miles to try out the car. Since it’s Texas, I can’t get insurance without a VIN.

Also commenting cause I want updates on how you’re Texas deliveries go!

Tesla is so inconsistent. I have an order for a Performance stealth, no trade in. I haven’t had a car in over a year. I was able to test drive the Model 3, no problem, but now they won’t let me test drive the Model Y without an insurance card. But the sales associate did say I have 7 days/1000 miles to try out the car. Since it’s Texas, I can’t get insurance without a VIN.

Also commenting cause I want updates on how you’re Texas deliveries go!
I think you need to find a friend with a car and insurance that wants to drive a Tesla to drive it for you and take you along... better than nothing.

I drove one a couple weeks ago and I have to say it was great. That car and the way it drives is the only thing holding me to keeping my purchase. If it was purely based on Tesla's customer service, I would have been gone long ago.

Update on my situation, I'm going forward with the buy although Tesla dropped my trade value by $515 at the last minute. I will be speaking to a supervisor in delivery today to complain. New paperwork to arrive today so I'll see if I can get the car this weekend as I hoped or if this will push things out. More of Tesla's inept handling of the sales process.

Question on delivery dates. When one appeared on your account page, did it pretty much end up sticking, or was it changed? As of Monday I have a VIN and speaking with the service center on that same day, they scheduled a 6/25 date. I have since gotten insurance, finalized my loan and transferred my downpayment. So my current $$ due is $.00. So I have a much lighter bank account, an upcoming loan payment and no car lol. So I am just wondering/hoping that the 6/25 date I was given is likely to stick or change, based on y'alls experience.

This has been such a whirlwind. The model 3 was like clockwork - in fact they pushed UP our delivery date. But I realize the MY is a different beast between pandemic, newness etc.

Thanks!

Question on delivery dates. When one appeared on your account page, did it pretty much end up sticking, or was it changed? As of Monday I have a VIN and speaking with the service center on that same day, they scheduled a 6/25 date. I have since gotten insurance, finalized my loan and transferred my downpayment. So my current $$ due is $.00. So I have a much lighter bank account, an upcoming loan payment and no car lol. So I am just wondering/hoping that the 6/25 date I was given is likely to stick or change, based on y'alls experience.

This has been such a whirlwind. The model 3 was like clockwork - in fact they pushed UP our delivery date. But I realize the MY is a different beast between pandemic, newness etc.

Thanks!

Mine has changed three times. Basically it’s a placeholder. The delivery center won’t give you an actual time until the car is on the transporter and has left the Arkansas rail depot.

you can call the delivery center and ask for updates. But be prepared to wait for the car. The train is slow, and the car can sit for days in Arkansas (both I and Sparky can attest to that).

Yeah, the date on the account page is not real. A place holder at best. I'm still waiting to get a real date and with my recent mess on the trade value, I don't expect to have the car this weekend like the time on my account page. Keep calling the delivery center, they know the details.

Hi all. Picked up a MY today in Dallas (Plano). I ordered it at announcement for my wife. Red, performance, black interior, 21" wheels and spoiler. I initially was told in February it would be delivered in March. It never was, though there are clearly cars in this site's registry that were just like ours delivered, though they were ordered this year, so a year after ours. I was notified of the VIN on June 2, which asked for payment and insurance. The insurance thing isn't required in Texas, as I'm sure others here know, but Tesla wasn't having it that way. I paid for the car that day, and provided the insurance document as well. On June 4 I got a text with a link to pick my date and time for touchless delivery. I picked the first day available, May 8, 10:00 am. This appointment showed in my account right after I did it. About 2 hours later I got another text saying the delivery date was incorrect and it was changing to June 16, bummer. On June 9, I got an email that told me the VIN on my insurance was incorrect. Checking, it matched the VIN in the email I received from Tesla originally. Never the less, it wasn't correct and I had to change it. The night before delivery day, I got an email saying they were having trouble with the spoiler so the delivery would be delayed a day, same time 10:00 am. Then, they sent an email confirming delivery was 10:30 am. The app still showed 10:00, but I confirmed, it was 10:30. The night before I had problems getting the Tesla app on my wife's phone, but they solved it when I accepted it with mine and added her as a driver. They car only had one issue, and that's a mis-alignment of the left part of the hatch where it joins the roof panel. Paint was perfect Though, it was also bright sunlight and hot at 10:30 here, so though I checked all the panels and gaps, I didn't give it my best inspection time. The touchless delivery beside what looked like an empty office building adjacent to the service center was super-odd, but the guy we met was also very nice and efficient. I don't think it would be too hard for them to get a tiny sign and put it where they drive the cars to. Our first Tesla. The process was basically terrible every step after the initial order, but the car makes up for it. Which are words I would not have said two weeks ago when all I could wonder is why Tesla is smart enough to make these great cars, so why can't be smart enough to do something about customer service.

Attachments

• my.jpg
    my.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 73
I was just told that my MY was at the Arkansas hub. And that it had been assigned a truck to bring it to San Antonio. Any guessing on how long it will take to get here?
I wouldn't hazard a guess. I've been told multiple times my car is in Arkansas and waiting for a truck. If your delivery person can't tell you, I don't think any of us can. Assigned to a truck can mean a lot of things.

Got a call from the delivery center. Car is leaving this evening and should be here tomorrow evening. So looking like Saturday, but she said if their inspection and detail go ok, it could be late Friday. I told her to take their time to inspect and I was fine picking up Monday.

I mentioned that it would be better if they didn’t collect payment until the car was at the hub. She said that they don’t think Texas law lets them. It can’t cross state lines.

hoping there aren’t any major issues.

Got a call from the delivery center. Car is leaving this evening and should be here tomorrow evening. So looking like Saturday, but she said if their inspection and detail go ok, it could be late Friday. I told her to take their time to inspect and I was fine picking up Monday.

I mentioned that it would be better if they didn’t collect payment until the car was at the hub. She said that they don’t think Texas law lets them. It can’t cross state lines.

hoping there aren’t any major issues.

Is it still possible to refuse delivery if you see a bunch of issues with it? How does that work in Texas?