Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well.....just off phone with Austin SC. VEHICLE 1:W/W pup ordered 3-14-19 told would be here today...VIN 11651 /Insurance/Funded NOT in Austin
VEHICLE 2: W/W pup ordered 6-4-2020...ready for pickup: VIN: 23145/Insurance/ Not Funded.
Don't need 2 vehicles...trying to move funding from Veh 1 to 2. If that does not work....guess I'll fund second...go for refund later.
With all this mess up, starting playing Tsla Stock Options...up 97.22% in two days. Just paid for PPP and Sales Tax.
Yep....will start buying PUTS next week. This is wild.

Anyone know if the Tax Assessor/Collector offices are open? Harris County says they aren’t on the main page, but then on the page with the various offices it looks like the downtown office might be open?
I didn't physically check, but I assume the message on the website is correct. I can't imagine the county tax office will ignore the county's "stay at home order". I got my registration packet from Tesla today and I will mail it in. I signed everything and added the following to the packet:
  • Check for taxes
  • Check for title fee
  • Proof of insurance
  • Copy of driver licenses
  • Original inspection form
I hope that covers it because I'm about to drop it in the mail.

We supposed to receive car in Plano yesterday but received call yesterday afternoon that car was in Arkansas awaiting a transporter and that it would arrive within next 4 to 5 days. Anyone else in Dallas area experience something similar ?

We supposed to receive car in Plano yesterday but received call yesterday afternoon that car was in Arkansas awaiting a transporter and that it would arrive within next 4 to 5 days. Anyone else in Dallas area experience something similar ?

Very familiar and not unheard of. But hey! At least you know its on its way to you.. Im getting very impatient waiting for a VIN. Plano delivery here.

Picked up on June 30 from Dallas. Perfect delivery, great experience, and just very minor alignment issues with the car they are going to take care of. Honestly I wouldn’t have noticed if I wasn’t on the forums. The car is fantastic, perfect amount of space and a blast to drive!

Attachments

• D931283A-EC57-469B-AAB9-4200A47BAAF6.jpeg
    D931283A-EC57-469B-AAB9-4200A47BAAF6.jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 46549E38-4370-4B6F-B510-36E0C46DAE23.jpeg
    46549E38-4370-4B6F-B510-36E0C46DAE23.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 50
Picked up on June 30 from Dallas. Perfect delivery, great experience, and just very minor alignment issues with the car they are going to take care of. Honestly I wouldn’t have noticed if I wasn’t on the forums. The car is fantastic, perfect amount of space and a blast to drive!

Gorgeous; i'm biased. When you say alignment issues do you mean panel alignment? Good to know the Dallas SC is willing to fix minor issues if so.

Hey Texans Model Yers who've already gotten their car...

Can you give me an estimate the amount of time between funding your car with a VIN and receiving the car in Texas? I funded my vehicle about a week ago and have had the VIN for 2 weeks now. I had a delivery appointment for Tuesday for a week and no one reached out to me until 15 minutes after the scheduled time to tell me they are pushing the date back another week. I called in and someone told me the car was still at the factory and *might* be here in a week. Since I've been following this thread it seems like I should expect longer than a week to get the car if it hasn't even left California. I'm particularly annoyed right now because they set up my expectation for delivery on Tuesday and I now will probably have to wait an additional 3 weeks.

How long would most of you say it took for the car to be delivered once you funded and/or the car left California?

Can you give me an estimate the amount of time between funding your car with a VIN and receiving the car in Texas? I funded my vehicle about a week ago and have had the VIN for 2 weeks now. I had a delivery appointment for Tuesday for a week and no one reached out to me until 15 minutes after the scheduled time to tell me they are pushing the date back another week. I called in and someone told me the car was still at the factory and *might* be here in a week. Since I've been following this thread it seems like I should expect longer than a week to get the car if it hasn't even left California. I'm particularly annoyed right now because they set up my expectation for delivery on Tuesday and I now will probably have to wait an additional 3 weeks.

How long would most of you say it took for the car to be delivered once you funded and/or the car left California?

I had payment completed on 6/4 and took delivery on 6/20. Of course a few days before my delivery Tesla decided to re-evaluate my trade and a mad scramble ensued to get that done before delivery. I had to pay the trade difference out of my pocket to take delivery. I would say there is no consistency to this process so I would take this time period I'm reporting with a grain of salt.

Reactions: howlz

I am in similar spot - funded on June 25 and first had delivery appointment for June 29th. This was changed to June 30th due to transport delay - on June 30th i received a call about 4 hours before appointment saying car was in Arkansas awaiting a transport truck. They estimated 4 to 5 days but did not commit to a day.

I funded on a Tuesday, the car left CA on Thu/Fri and I picked it up on Tuesday. It all depends on where the car is when they assign the VIN. If it is coming off the line, then you can get it a week after funding, but if it is still in production, anything can delay it. Now that end of qtr push is over, they may relax a little to recover, but at this point, you should get it next week...

Thanks everyone for letting me know your experience! Definitely makes it hard to be patient once you’ve already paid for the damn thing :p seems like I’m in the same window as everyone else has been and will have another week or two of waiting.

Funded 5/29 picked up 6/18

Reactions: howlz