Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol. Same here. I was just about to check in with you to see if you received the same text. I guess I will have my fun next weekend if no more delays. I am still waiting on my Jeda Hub to finally ship. Hopefully, we can meet when we both finally pick up our vehicles.
I was thinking I would just not accept anything less than the quality that one would/should expect from a new car at this price. The current estimated wait time of 10-14 weeks will make me think very hard about what it would take for me to reject delivery. I'm hoping that the car will be fine...

I was thinking I would just not accept anything less than the quality that one would/should expect from a new car at this price. The current estimated wait time of 10-14 weeks will make me think very hard about what it would take for me to reject delivery. I'm hoping that the car will be fine...

I am planning on creating a weighted matrix ahead of time of issues that I have seen, normalizing it to a score out of 100 and then anything less than an 80 means I reject the car or something along those lines. This will keep things objective for me and make sure I don't let emotion guide my choices because I really want to take this car home lol.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Tundrok and Mooroo
I am planning on creating a weighted matrix ahead of time of issues that I have seen, normalizing it to a score out of 100 and then anything less than an 80 means I reject the car or something along those lines. This will keep things objective for me and make sure I don't let emotion guide my choices because I really want to take this car home lol.
Could you please share your weighted matrix .. It would be good to have one for objectivity and not make emotional decisions at that moment :)

I assume this is part joke and part true :) For me, it's fairly easy: paint mismatch is a no-no, as well as severe paint issues. I don't mind the panel gaps, interior trim issues, misaligned seats, misaligned taillights, etc. as they should be straightforward to fix... bottom line, most anything other than paint is fine with me, unless the number of quality issues is very high indicating poor quality overall as the car was being put together. I'm remain optimistic I'll be driving a Tesla this weekend :)

I assume this is part joke and part true :) For me, it's fairly easy: paint mismatch is a no-no, as well as severe paint issues. I don't mind the panel gaps, interior trim issues, misaligned seats, misaligned taillights, etc. as they should be straightforward to fix... bottom line, most anything other than paint is fine with me, unless the number of quality issues is very high indicating poor quality overall as the car was being put together. I'm remain optimistic I'll be driving a Tesla this weekend :)

Lol being an engineer my brain just works like that so it's easier for me to do this but yeah ill share it after I make it this weekend :)

New TMC member reporting in....
Still waiting....But I now know my Y is in houston, unfortunately with damage to the center console panel. Replacement panel on order with updated date for me to take delivery set for Friday 9-11-20.

ordered 7-18-20
Vin text on 8-24-20
sched delivery 9-11-20
LRAWD black with white interior model Y
VIN # 42,XXX

No gonna lie this whole order process has been extremely frustrating. They must be swamped with deliveries. i called six times this weekend trying to get updates. I felt like i was bothering the North Houston Team, but i just couldnt get answers.

My car's been in houston since Friday 9-4-20, and no one call me with an update. No i'm worried the repair part will come in and they will overlook it. Oh well I'll keep calling.

Any one just out right cancelled their order this late in the game?

For those now driving and owning the Y, do you find the model Y worth the purchase hassle?

Hi everyone! Newbie here and soon to be owner of my first Tesla. I finally got my VIN and scheduled my pickup date:

MY Performance
Gray exterior
White interior
Ordered on 07/25
VIN assigned on 08/31 - 37XXX
Build date: 08/29/2020

i’m based in Houston if it helps!

When is your delviery date? My details below:
ordered 7-18-20
Vin text on 8-24-20
sched delivery 9-13-20
LRAWD black with white interior model Y
VIN # 42,XXX

Good luck!

I am thinking same way. I told that my MY is on the way to Austin and it should be in either late tonight or early tomorrow. So there is a possibility that I could get my car late Wednesday or Thursday. We shall see.