Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you getting full body PPF? How much did they quote for tint and ppf?
Full PPF is too rich for my blood (don't have the extra funds) considering I still have the sales tax to pay and Christmas round the corner.

Just doing:

Full front PPF- $1500
Xpel prime xr all windows- $400
Xpel prime xr plus windshield- $225

still Debating:
Xpel prime xr plus roof- $225
Full rocker panel PPF- $375
Paint front and rear "T" logo satin black(car is white) -$75

Last edited:
Full PPF is too rich for my blood (don't have the extra funds) considering I still have the sales tax to pay and Christmas round the corner.

Just doing:

Full front PPF- $1500

still Debating:
Full rocker panel- $375
I am in the same boat as you...:). I will reach out to them for my car (i take delivery next week)...Maybe we can ask for a discount for both of us;)

Just doing:

Full front PPF- $1500

still Debating:
Full rocker panel PPF- $375
When they do the windshield do they leave a vacant cut-out for the registration sticker?

Need advice on Texas purchase.

Delivery is scheduled for next Wednesday, Nov. 25.

I won't have funding (paying cash) until Tuesday, Nov. 24. (multiple business transactions were delayed). I do not want to apply for a car loan, while these business transactions are taking place.

I have almost half of the purchase price in hand (cash).

How far in advance of the delivery date does Tesla require full payment? I'm assuming I should ask to delay the delivery date, especially since Thanksgiving break intervenes.

TIA.

You can push the delivery date a couple of days. If more than that, they'll probably give your car away.

It does take some time for Tesla to certify internally that all the payments have been made and the paperwork is all done for you to pick up the car, but that can be quick. I would talk to SA about it.

And they're the car company with no sales people that don't care if you buy the car or not because someone else will scoop it up if you don't.

When I tried to look at my car before all the paperwork was done and before my delivery appt, they told me to pound sand.
I guess it varies by location - I didn't inspect before my delivery appointment but when I took delivery in Austin and they were very accommodating. I was able to inspect until I ran out of things to look for.

How was your delivery day experience. I’m picking up mine next week
Had some fitment issues that I'll copy and paste from my FB group:

"My biggest issue is that the rear hatch window dips on the driver side and doesn't sit flush, scratch on the rear driver windows (may be replaced) and theres a noticeable panel gap on the passenger frunk area compared to driver side. Other issues that isn't as major to me is that the passenger headlight isn't fully secured and has play when you push down... Driver side doesn't move at all and fully secured. Same with passenger tail light but I may be nit picking there. Minor stuff is that some of the fabric is dirty on the on-site that I'm hoping will come off."

What I'm most bummed about is that I didn't get the updated interior refresh like usb in glove box and auto dim mirrors. I had vin 72xxx so I had my hopes up.

I guess it varies by location - I didn't inspect before my delivery appointment but when I took delivery in Austin and they were very accommodating. I was able to inspect until I ran out of things to look for.

I agree. My pickup at San Antonio could not have been better. The agent set up my phone as the key, then told me to take as a much time as I needed to inspect it. If I had any questions, she'd be inside. Only when I was all through inspecting was I asked to accept delivery.

By the way - the car was in great shape. I accepted it without needing any follow-up service.

Had some fitment issues that I'll copy and paste from my FB group:

"My biggest issue is that the rear hatch window dips on the driver side and doesn't sit flush, scratch on the rear driver windows (may be replaced) and theres a noticeable panel gap on the passenger frunk area compared to driver side. Other issues that isn't as major to me is that the passenger headlight isn't fully secured and has play when you push down... Driver side doesn't move at all and fully secured. Same with passenger tail light but I may be nit picking there. Minor stuff is that some of the fabric is dirty on the on-site that I'm hoping will come off."

What I'm most bummed about is that I didn't get the updated interior refresh like usb in glove box and auto dim mirrors. I had vin 72xxx so I had my hopes up.
Thanks for the update. My VIN is 74xxx. I’ll let you know if I’m lucky to get any of the updates. Were your issues fixed before taking delivery?
That Facebook group is hard to get into I guess. I’ve requested to join 2 weeks ago and still waiting to get in.

I got my fedex pack with the registration papers for my model Y this morning. I set the appointment with the local tax office for first week of January.

I've been debating whether I want custom background plate for my White Y as I've been thinking of black plates or keep the standard white. I figured if I was going to order personalized plates it would be seamless to do it in one visit. BUT if I end up waiting to see if i like the white and then decide later on that I do want personalized plates.... Will I have to make another appointment to pick those up?

Figured I'd ask as it's my first time dealing with tax collector's/plates

I got my fedex pack with the registration papers for my model Y this morning. I set the appointment with the local tax office for first week of January.

I've been debating whether I want custom background plate for my White Y as I've been thinking of black plates or keep the standard white. I figured if I was going to order personalized plates it would be seamless to do it in one visit. BUT if I end up waiting to see if i like the white and then decide later on that I do want personalized plates.... Will I have to make another appointment to pick those up?

Figured I'd ask as it's my first time dealing with tax collector's/plates

When I got custom plates while I lived in TX I first got the standard ones. Then you have to go to myplates.com and order the ones you want. It takes awhile for them to be made and then they're shipped to your local tax assessor's office. Once they arrive you go in, and they sync up the renewal of the specialty plates with your registration stickers (might have to pay a prorated amount). I'm not sure how you'd do it without getting regular white plates first but it was much easier just getting the regular registration done and then going online and figuring out what I wanted. So yes you'll probably have to do another appointment.