Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took me about 30 min to add about 140 mi of range starting at 80 mi of range left. I moved the Tesla after achieving a standard charge. Before leaving the area, I finished a range charge. It took about 30 min to go from a standard to a range charge. I suspect when I get Firmware 5.0 the charging rates will be faster.

WP_20130818_004.jpg

Columbus SC

Houston to Columbus road trip this afternoon. SC is behind Comfort Inn as advertised. Talked to contractor who said he did the San Marcos SC and was working all over, including outside TX. Also said my 85 was the first one he had seen (?), and took pics.

Said the Columbus site was more complex than others and would be 6-8 weeks total. Pic (if successfully uploaded) shows transformer and sites for superchargers, bays will be to the left in pic (didn't ask how many). Adjacent parking lot is for a Mexican restaurant that seemed popular.

- - - Updated - - -

"didn't ask how many" but presumably 10 for 5 SC's

Attachments

• IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2918.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Just clicked the "navigate to" link on the San Marcos supercharger from my Car. As the crow flies the distance is 238 miles; driving directions are 259 miles.

The Supercharger map on the Tesla site has changed to REMOVE THE TEMPLE Supercharger. This is true even looking at the 2015 map. Hillsboro and San Marcos only on I-35. Incidentally, the driving distance between the two will be 169 miles. OK in my P85, but looks stretchy for a 60.

I'm hoping the map removal is in error. If anyone gets any insight on this at today's event, that would be great.

Andy

Pics of the the current screen grabs for the Texas Supercargers are below. Please note that they do imply that Madisonville will come online before Columbus which is good news from my perspective. Incidentally, I did do a quick overlay, and the dots do still match up perfectly with Madisonville (not Centerville or Huntsville) and Hillsboro (not Waco).

Supercharge Map Summer 2013.JPG
Summer 2013
Supercharge Map Fall 2013.JPG
Fall 2013
Supercharge Map 2014.JPG
Supercharge Map 2015.JPG

Last edited:
@andystj -

I see that now. kinda weird that the website changed to say that one on I45 and one on I35 (San Marcos) are in development phase (one red and one grey) for summer and that the others don't come into the picture until you click fall 2013. It includes (the fall 2013) the columbus, and the waco and corsicana sites, and I would guess that the red dot on 145 is the Huntsville location, not the madisonville location. Either way, I surmise the conversation above (@moorelin) that "columbus was more complex" may lend to why it is already ground-broken but only appears later in the fall 2013 slide. They, obviously, know something that we do not.

I think the map must be incorrect. A Tesla spokesperson was quoted in the Houston Chronicle saying the next Texas supercharger to open would be Waco (see post 326) and the crews also said Waco. Hillsboro makes no sense if there is one SC between Austin and Dallas rather than two-- they must have forgotten to move that dot.

I think the map must be incorrect. A Tesla spokesperson was quoted in the Houston Chronicle saying the next Texas supercharger to open would be Waco (see post 326) and the crews also said Waco. Hillsboro makes no sense if there is one SC between Austin and Dallas rather than two-- they must have forgotten to move that dot.

I agree. Whereas the website is nice to have for publicity, I think our advance cadre technique is probably the most accurate and effective, despite the fact that you cannot trust sources that you don't know. I mean, look at the National Enquirer (e.g. hotsheets).

What we need is a SC between San Antonio and Corpus Christi and another one between Corpus Christi and South Padre Island. The best beach in Texas is left off the supercharger map, even in 2015. Maybe this will happen if SpaceX builds in Brownsville.

As a 60 owner, I really hope the northern i35 dot is Waco and not Hillsburo. Sounds like the latest rumors have all pointed to Waco so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Also, I seem to remember that once upon a time one of the maps had a dot just north of Denton. That's gone now. Very depressing as the OKC trip is not practical from my house now. Was I just imagining that dot?