Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just left Collin Street Bakery, Corsicana TX. Progress is underway... Hoping to be available early November, per the contractor. They are waiting on Tesla to send the goods.

Can you tell where the supercharger is going in the CSB parking lot?

The Google maps photo may be dated, but their parking lot does not look as big as the Bellmead location - still shows an unimproved overflow area to the northeast that might now be paved?.

Here are a couple of shots from the ribbon cutting in Columbus today...
2013-10-09 09.57.31.jpg
2013-10-09 10.09.07.jpg

I attended the event this morning. Despite the historic significance, I was somewhat underwhelmed but enjoyed the event nonetheless. At about 9:10 Richard DiMarco, Tesla Mid-South Regional Service Manager (in dark blazer in pic above), gave brief welcoming comments. He introduced the mayor of Columbus and the manager of the hotel (?Columbus Inn). Those are the other two gentlemen in the ribbon cutting picture. No politicians were present. The rest of the time was spent mingling with other owners and swapping out cars for supercharging. There was a spread of coffee, juice, fruit, and catered breakfast tacos. I don't know the official count but there were about 18 Teslas there. All in all, a simple but enjoyable event.

I attended the event this morning. Despite the historic significance, I was somewhat underwhelmed but enjoyed the event nonetheless. At about 9:10 Richard DiMarco, Tesla Mid-South Regional Service Manager (in dark blazer in pic above), gave brief welcoming comments. He introduced the mayor of Columbus and the manager of the hotel (?Columbus Inn). Those are the other two gentlemen in the ribbon cutting picture. No politicians were present. The rest of the time was spent mingling with other owners and swapping out cars for supercharging. There was a spread of coffee, juice, fruit, and catered breakfast tacos. I don't know the official count but there were about 18 Teslas there. All in all, a simple but enjoyable event.

Nice Tesla turn out for sure. Richard is a very nice person, I have spoken with him on a few occasions.

Glad it went well. Any press?

I just realized that DFW to Houston/Galveston is now Supercharged with an 80 mile detour. Of course, the trip is much easier as soon as Huntsville or Corsicana open up, but if you have a trip coming up and can spare an extra hour and a half, you can get there today. Waco to Columbus is a straight shot down HWY 77 to 71 in LaGrange.

Waco Supercharger to Columbus Supercharger is 154 miles.

Overall, a trip from DFW to Galveston via Waco & Columbus adds about 80 miles. But at least the electrons are free. :)

route.JPG

I just realized that DFW to Houston/Galveston is now Supercharged with an 80 mile detour. Of course, the trip is much easier as soon as Huntsville or Corsicana open up, but if you have a trip coming up and can spare an extra hour and a half, you can get there today. Waco to Columbus is a straight shot down HWY 77 to 71 in LaGrange.

Waco Supercharger to Columbus Supercharger is 154 miles.

Overall, a trip from DFW to Galveston via Waco & Columbus adds about 80 miles. But at least the electrons are free. :)

While it might not be the "straightest line" approach traveling I-45, but it absolutely doable.

AND the addition of Columbus SC simply further straightened out the route, because Allen to Waco to San Marcos to Galveston was actually already available for your P85.
(If you have a S60, it could still have been accomplished, you would just need to stop and charge a bit in Houston.)

Gosh, the world just got a whole lot smaller/more accessible with the addition of these Superchargers...

While it might not be the "straightest line" approach traveling I-45, but it absolutely doable.

AND the addition of Columbus SC simply further straightened out the route, because Allen to Waco to San Marcos to Galveston was actually already available for your P85.
(If you have a S60, it could still have been accomplished, you would just need to stop and charge a bit in Houston.)

Gosh, the world just got a whole lot smaller/more accessible with the addition of these Superchargers...

And I read somewhere that a contractor had said that Huntsville was coming soon.

Good to hear we confirmed a location for Huntsville. I definitely didn't check that parking lot on my scouting trip. I drove right by there on the feeder, but I imagine the activity is behind the building. I probably can't make it up there this week and I am out of town this weekend. I will try to sneak up there for lunch late next week and grab some pictures.

Stopped by Hunstville a few days ago on my way to another meeting. It looked like they were about midway through their work. I asked one of the guys if he'd been bothered non-stop by people stopping by to pepper him with questions :), and he said not on this job, but on Waco definitely, haha. I didn't have a lot of time to talk to him, plus he was, you know, working, but I forgot to ask when they planned to finish. He said they just do all the groundwork (digging, etc.) and the "city"(?) comes later to hook up the electrical stuff. That structure you see is actually the dumpster, not a transformer. He seemed to indicate that the transformer would come after they were done. I can't imagine it would take any longer than the others, which should give us a good idea since there are three others for us to go by. He did mention he's never seen one in person so if anyone feels like driving up there to show off your ride...lol. I jokingly asked him, "You mean you don't get a free one for each one of these you complete?" He also said there was another contractor working on them in Texas, but that he/his company did the one in Waco and (I believe) San Marcos.

There's not much else to add that's not in the photos or Google streetview, I don't think. The chargers aren't visible from the frontage road; they're on the side of the hotel, which itself is setback pretty far. There's a Whataburger that "shares" the parking lot between the frontage and the hotel, which I assume is 24-Hours so there will always be a clean, well-lit place to grab food/drink while you charge. There's other stuff within walking distance, but since we don't believe in sidewalks in Texas :p it involves walking along the road. (Starbucks is on the other side of the highway, and there is actually a pedestrian walkway on the overpass.)

October 11, 2013 80106 AM CDT.jpg
2013-10-09 14.13.49.jpg
2013-10-09 14.11.41.jpg
2013-10-09 14.11.27.jpg
2013-10-09 14.09.37.jpg

There's other stuff within walking distance, but since we don't believe in sidewalks in Texas :p it involves walking along the road. (Starbucks is on the other side of the highway, and there is actually a pedestrian walkway on the overpass.)

I presume the walkway is there in case you're on the overpass when your car breaks down.

Thanks for the pictures.

Thanks for the great pics and analysis of the site.
In general it indicates that multiple phases (digging, installing conduit, pouring concrete, install stands @ bays) are concurrently going on, just need to get the rest of the large equipment together and installed so the SC station is Operable...