Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text: "Your Model Y is on its way..."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While i have a Tesla Y on reservation, I have not entered the financials to move it along to the next stage. Strangely, I received the following text. From the look of it, I'd say it's more marketing to get me to move...but any one know for sure?

upload_2020-7-24_13-26-31.png

Thanks, folks. If I do not reply, I assume they cannot hold me to it, right? I'm pushing off delivery for QC reasons and because, well...just not driving much with Covid.
If you have not done anything but the down payment, they can’t make you complete the sale.

They can’t bill you for a car. You have to pay them first.

It would be best to inform them you are not going through with the transaction so they can send the car to someone else.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dwayne Hicks
Thanks, folks. If I do not reply, I assume they cannot hold me to it, right? I'm pushing off delivery for QC reasons and because, well...just not driving much with Covid.
since you haven't completed all the information, a delivery advisor will most likely contact you soon and that's when you can tell them verbally that you're delaying pickup. They'll go to the next person in the queue that has the exact same specs and in your area.

• Informative
Reactions: Dwayne Hicks