Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texts vs E-mails from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question, I keep on seeing people posting about getting texts from Tesla for one thing or another. Is there some special setting in your account to enable this? Some link I never clicked on to enable? I ask because I put both my cell number and e-mail address in my account along with my other info, yet I never receive any texts from Tesla, only e-mails - the same 2 e-mails that everybody else got apparently, plus a reply to my order. Curious if there is some missing setting or if you guys never put in an e-mail address so they default to texts instead? Thx.

It looks like the Tesla Account page has been changed. I believe under Contacts, there was previously a way to add an alternate contact in addition to selecting preferred methods of contact. The choices were text, email, phone. All of that appears to be gone now, at least in my account. The vehicle Manage pages also appear to have changed a bit, also.

Reactions: Picasso
I second to what Yong860 said. All I'd been getting were generic emails from Tesla. My account had been showing "drafting up contract". Finally just yesterday, my MVPA showed up and a VIN was assigned (through the the page source). Never got an email or text saying I've been assigned a VIN. Telsa communication is very underwhelming to say the least. But long story short, they will definitely contact you requesting final payment and scheduling delivery.

Thanks but if there was a way to make texts preferred, that is what I would like. Here lately my e-mail server has been doing some goofy things and marking legit e-mails as junk, delaying some e-mails by many hours or even a day, etc. so I'd rather use texting if possible. That's all.