Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thanksgiving 2019 Supercharger lines?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
If you are on the road today are you facing lines to get charged? This is traditionally the busiest Supercharger day of the year, everyone has to get there and get back in one weekend, and who wants to pay for 4 airline tickets when you all fit in one car. I think one of the busiest routes is SF to LA, and I believe the Kettleman City SuC was having V3 chargers installed, hopefully they finished in time to be ready for today.

Let us know where you were held up and post pics if you get good ones.

I thought Wednesday was traditionally even worse than Thanksgiving itself, as people try to arrive in time. Anyway, that’s what we did yesterday, from Sacramento to the Bay Area. We didn’t need to charge, but I tapped on the Superchargers on the nav screen as we passed them yesterday. All four that I looked at were mostly available, like 75% or so. This was between about 8:00 and 10:00 am.

Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

Reactions: kbecks13
86151154-A316-4779-8CE3-EE430C4B991A.jpeg

painfully slow! I just need to make it to 50 miles range and I’m out!

Kingman supercharger wasn't too bad. Was there around 9 am and even though all 6 slots were full, I didn't have to wait. Got to Vegas and went to the High Roller. The app said 11 of 24 stalls were available. Of the 11 available, there were only 4-5 people charging. When we left at about 10:45 am there was no one charging.

Since I-5 was closed today, we took 58 route. (Driving ICE this time)
Passed by Mojave supercharger (can't tell exact time but probably around noon) - line was 10-15 cars deep, sticking out to street outside.

(Side note: 58 route drive was horrible. SR-58 around Tehachapi pass has stretch with one lane in each direction. This was causing crawling traffic all the way to intersection with SR-14)

9pm Thanksgiving night: dont know if there was a line at the Woodburn OR supercharger because I couldn't get off the freeway due to the Black Friday traffic trying to get to the outlet mall had the exit completely blocked. This had also caused a huge accident about a .25 mile prior, One car up on it's side and another completely demolished.

Ended up using a Chademo about 40 miles south to get home.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
9pm Thanksgiving night: dont know if there was a line at the Woodburn OR supercharger because I couldn't get off the freeway due to the Black Friday traffic trying to get to the outlet mall had the exit completely blocked. This had also caused a huge accident about a .25 mile prior, One car up on it's side and another completely demolished.

Ended up using a Chademo about 40 miles south to get home.
I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at your post. However, it, and hundreds others like it around the country, helps keep me home and away from all commercial areas until Monday.:eek:

Reactions: GHammer