Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

The amazing story of the P100D that is $76,700, yet so $98,300

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys!

Congrats!

According to EV-CPO the previous low price record for a P100D with or without ludicrous was $80,700, although that doesn't count many 'momentary deals' that EV-CPO couldn't catch. For example, it wouldn't have caught mine at $76,700.

That $80,700 had free supercharging and the glass roof and mine doesn't have either of those, but mine does have AP2 and FSD... for what FSD is worth on AP2.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
According to EV-CPO the previous low price record for a P100D with or without ludicrous was $80,700, although that doesn't count many 'momentary deals' that EV-CPO couldn't catch. For example, it wouldn't have caught mine at $76,700.

It could have caught it if the timing was just right. If it’s listed online like you showed, there’s no reason that EV-CPO would not have been able to capture it during the short time it was listed. It just didn’t this time because it was busy searching other areas at that particular moment.

Are you sure it doesn’t have FUSC? If it’s a 2016 then Tesla stripped it off of a previously grandfathered car.

• Informative
It could have caught it if the timing was just right. If it’s listed online like you showed, there’s no reason that EV-CPO would not have been able to capture it during the short time it was listed. It just didn’t this time because it was busy searching other areas at that particular moment.

Are you sure it doesn’t have FUSC? If it’s a 2016 then Tesla stripped it off of a previously grandfathered car.

EV-CPO actually picked the car up but recorded the $98,000 price. Yeah, unfortunately I'm sure it doesn't have FUSC. It also has AP2.0 and FSD - I thought it was uncommon for AP2's to have FUSC?

• Informative
Clearly Tesla has the option to remove full unlimited supercharging when it resells a car. But I thought all 2016 cars had transferable unlimited charging?

Btw - I really don’t value it highly. I’ve supercharged 3-4 times in 48k miles.

Yeah when they re-sell a car they have the right to do whatever they want of course. I unfortunately have to supercharge often, but I also have some level 2 charging options available in the downtown area I live in, so I should be able to manage.

Whoops just kidding. EV-CPO does show the car at its correct price (and that it doesn't have FUSC unfortunately)

Ah, I see it there now. :oops: When I looked yesterday from the VIN in the video, it didn't pop up at all. I think I had another advanced filter set that hid it from the results. I see it there now today.. it's been listed on EV-CPO since it was a new inventory car in 2017.. then sold, then returned as a listed used car in 2018. I'm glad to see that it did catch the last low price.

Ah, I see it there now. :oops: When I looked yesterday from the VIN in the video, it didn't pop up at all. I think I had another advanced filter set that hid it from the results. I see it there now today.. it's been listed on EV-CPO since it was a new inventory car in 2017.. then sold, then returned as a listed used car in 2018. I'm glad to see that it did catch the last low price.

Can you think of a reason why it was listed at such a cheap price? Yeah, it has 19" wheels, body color roof, and no FUSC; but on the other hand it does have AP2, and FSD even. I guess sometimes good deals happen. I must also say that it's satisfying to look at all P100D/L's to ever appear on EV-CPO and see that mine is the cheapest ever, being $4,000 cheaper than the next cheapest one :D for now, of course. I'm sure within a couple of months my reign will be over

Reactions: byeLT4
Can you think of a reason why it was listed at such a cheap price? Yeah, it has 19" wheels, body color roof, and no FUSC; but on the other hand it does have AP2, and FSD even. I guess sometimes good deals happen. I must also say that it's satisfying to look at all P100D/L's to ever appear on EV-CPO and see that mine is the cheapest ever, being $4,000 cheaper than the next cheapest one :D for now, of course. I'm sure within a couple of months my reign will be over

Probably the body colored roof and no FUSC I'd say. Did they provide photos of the actual car or just renders? Make sure to get real photos before having the car shipped or flying out to pick it up!

I think it's about time the P100Ds start dropping a little too, considering how cheap some of them went for as new inventory the past two quarter pushes.

Probably the body colored roof and no FUSC I'd say. Did they provide photos of the actual car or just renders? Make sure to get real photos before having the car shipped or flying out to pick it up!

I think it's about time the P100Ds start dropping a little too, considering how cheap some of them went for as new inventory the past two quarter pushes.

Yeah, body color roof wasn't an expensive option back when it was an option, but it sure disproportionally affects resale value. Which is funny because I've had one Tesla without and one with and while driving I really don't notice a big difference.

You're right - some P100DLs went for as little as 80k. That was with the free Ludicrous though, which might OR might not still be a thing, haha.

The cheapest used P100DL Tesla offers is $86,300. It does have FUSC and sunroof but doesn't have AP2 (mine has ap2 + fsd) and has about the same miles. I think $10k is a good discount for those two options.

I did get actual pics of the car. It looks flawless from the pics to be honest, so I am excited.