Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The BlueS may have played it's last song

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jlv1

Twice as much fun
Oct 14, 2015
Central MA
At just over 4.5 yrs and 51K miles, The BlueS may have played it's last song.

The other car was making a left out of a driveway and pulled out right in front of me without looking (it's really clear on the TeslaCam video). I hit his front driver's side and turned his car 90 degrees. You can see the front tire on the Rogue is not right. For my car, all the airbags deployed, including both side curtains. The front end is crumpled. I was able to get up and walk away. The other driver was taken away, but today I was told they are fine.

It's too early to know if it's totaled or not, but with all the air bags deployed, everyone is telling it likely is. This is a lousy time to get another car. If it is repairable, at least Massachusetts just passed diminished value into law.

If I do need another new car, I don't know what it would be. I shy away from another Model S because of (1) the yoke wheel and (2) no pano roof. Not to mention that the wait for a non-Plaid is 7 months. And I always thought I might consider something new when the next range improvement comes (4680 batteries?). Of course, the "next range improvement" is a sliding scale, and next year will always be better. Maybe I'll consider a Model 3.

Attachments

• Crash.50.jpg
    Crash.50.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 796
  • Informative
Reactions: DCEV
The interior screens went black about 2 minutes after the accident. I didn't think to turn off the blinkers. The FD pulled the HV battery disconnect. This morning the car was totally dead and unresponsive; I suspect the 12V died overnight. I took a few things out of the car before they towed it away, but I wasn't able to get the rest today.