Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The bummer of being among the first..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bummer is getting parts. So I posted about my accident that ripped my tire. But sadly after 3 days no Y. They said they were overnighting a tire on Wed. but that never happened. Now they say the tire is in transit so hopefully early next week. I looked online and these 21" Pirelli's are hard to find right now.

The bummer is getting parts. So I posted about my accident that ripped my tire. But sadly after 3 days no Y. They said they were overnighting a tire on Wed. but that never happened. Now they say the tire is in transit so hopefully early next week. I looked online and these 21" Pirelli's are hard to find right now.

That really sucks I hope that things come together quickly for you, that way you can return to enjoying your new car :)

Reactions: LasVegas2019
Thank you for confirming my decision not to go with low profile tires.

Not to take away from your 1st world problem (thoughts and prayers btw), should I reconsider the 20’s?

There is only half an inch difference between the Gemini and the induction tire sidewalls.

Will the half inch difference save me from an experience like this?

Thank you for confirming my decision not to go with low profile tires.

Not to take away from your 1st world problem (thoughts and prayers btw), should I reconsider the 20’s?

There is only half an inch difference between the Gemini and the induction tire sidewalls.

Will the half inch difference save me from an experience like this?
Hard to say. My mishap tore the sidewall which would have happened the same with any size tire. Sidewalls are an unfixable bummer! However I will probably go with the T-Sportline 19" wheels next year. Only because the 19's will give longer range by about 35 miles and more rubber to protect the rim. Im not sure a 20" will provide much benefit over the 21". To me it seems the decision is 19 or 21. 20 seems like a "no benefit" size.

Interesting.

I don't like the 19 size. Seems too small to me. However, the 21's seem way to big and you're just asking for issues. I always thought 20 was the go to. I love the size of 20 inch wheels. My lexus rx has 20 inches and man does it look good.

What's the tire size of the Y for the 20's again?

My RX is 255/50R20XL

It gives plenty of room for hitting the curb and going over pot holes.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Hard to say. My mishap tore the sidewall which would have happened the same with any size tire. Sidewalls are an unfixable bummer! However I will probably go with the T-Sportline 19" wheels next year. Only because the 19's will give longer range by about 35 miles and more rubber to protect the rim. Im not sure a 20" will provide much benefit over the 21". To me it seems the decision is 19 or 21. 20 seems like a "no benefit" size.

must have been a major pot hole. I disagree though. There is definitely a benefit and difference in sidewall height. As the post above stated. Higher sidewall, the more durable the tire for potholes. That’s why off-road trucks have giant tires. They don’t have issues with potholes

Reactions: db93
must have been a major pot hole. I disagree though. There is definitely a benefit and difference in sidewall height. As the post above stated. Higher sidewall, the more durable the tire for potholes. That’s why off-road trucks have giant tires. They don’t have issues with potholes
It wasn't a pothole. I missed a jog in the road and sliced my sidewall open when it made contact with the concrete curb.

Interesting.

I don't like the 19 size. Seems too small to me. However, the 21's seem way to big and you're just asking for issues. I always thought 20 was the go to. I love the size of 20 inch wheels. My lexus rx has 20 inches and man does it look good.

My RX is 255/50R20XL

It gives plenty of room for hitting the curb and going over pot holes.
Yes the 20's do look nice. The ones at T-Sportline I looked at come with 255/40R20

• Love
Reactions: everydaychris
image.jpg

ß