TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The Clock is Ticking Faster at Tesla

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by FlyF4, Mar 28, 2018.

1. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

At least that is the title of the Wall Street Journal article a couple hours ago.
    No surprise about the numbers to me, but might provide some interesting reading.
    The Clock Is Ticking Faster at Tesla

2. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

Alternate article title "chickens DO come home to roost".

TSLA is in an extremely tough spot, despite the incessant cheerleaders on this and other forums. Honestly the best thing that could happen to them is that someone who understands production takes over manufacturing before it's too late.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Kinda sobering.

• Like x 2
  4. KJD

KJD Supporting Member

Maybe Elon should spend more time fixing production issues and less time on boring machines, flame throwers and lego blocks.

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  5. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

#5 FlyF4, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Well, maybe his plans are smarter than what we give him credit. Perhaps IF Tesla goes bankrupt as the shorts like to say, then Elon can burn all the cars that he can't sell with flame throwers and then dig a hole with the boring machines to bury them :eek: Put some lego blocks on top just for good measure to hide the evidence. Hey that's kind of what happened the Atari's ET game. I know, I was there.
    Yes, folks, just sick sarcastic humor. Don't get your panties in a bunch :)

• Funny x 3
  6. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

If only they had sold stock when it was hitting all time highs... I just don't understand the thought process that led them to decide to issue junk bonds instead of stock and to raise a comparatively small amount of money. When TSLA has issued stock in the past it's been beneficial for the equity price because it reduced financial risk.

As we are seeing now once a the financial viability is in question, the sharks circle and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. This could have likely been avoided if they had just raised capital back at the beginning of the ramp. You know just incase they don't hit 5k production by X target...

• Like x 1
  7. jackbowers

jackbowers Jack Bowers

Tesla is sitting on a large sum of cash, a fact that is conveniently ignored by the Wall Street Journal. The Journal is also perpetuating a rumor that Model 3 demand is lower than expected, when in fact the majority of reservation holders are simply waiting for either an AWD or a less expensive RWD version.

• Like x 3
  8. achilles992000

WSJ has always hated Tesla. They post a negative story almost every day about the company.

9. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

True, but at the current burn rate, that cash will be gone in about 6 months!

I take these articles with a grain of salt and just use the information to make my own judgement. For every person that trashes Tesla on the finan networks, it is followed up by someone thinking the stock and company will go sky high. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle. ;) Time will tell.

• Like x 3