Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The CPUC has authorized funds to shift funds out of the large-scale SGIP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holeydonut

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2020
East Bay NorCal
Listings
FYI - based on this webinar I've got going on in the background... it sounds like the SGIP policymakers have shifted $10mm from the large-scale SGIP (the one that helps people get 3x or more powerwalls) into the non-residential equity program.

Sounds like businesses near fire zones had exhausted their pool for commercial ESS, and now there's a lottery planned to see which non-residential equity applicants will get this new allocation money.

This means the large-scale program now has only about 1/4 of what it had previously been allocated still available (in the PG&E area). If you're still on the fence for 3x Powerwalls in NorCal - you better hop on that bandwagon ASAP.

just got notified that my check is in the mail

When did you submit the completed SGIP application? This will give people a good idea of the time gap to expect.

Also...

crp_Make-It-Rain.jpg

I did not use Tesla for the install
Just looked at my emails
SGIP app submitted on 12/11/2019
PG&E confirmed "Review receipt" on 1/16/2020
SGIP Reservation confirmed 3/2/2020
On 4/30, PG&E complleted review and an additionnal Report had to be filed by Installer which was done same day
Notified on 8/18/2020 that SGIP Inspection was scheduled
Inspection (by 3rd Party) completed on 8/19
Payment approved on 11/6/2020
Email saying check in mail 11/16/2020

I did not use Tesla for the install
Just looked at my emails
SGIP app submitted on 12/11/2019
PG&E confirmed "Review receipt" on 1/16/2020
SGIP Reservation confirmed 3/2/2020
On 4/30, PG&E complleted review and an additionnal Report had to be filed by Installer which was done same day
Notified on 8/18/2020 that SGIP Inspection was scheduled
Inspection (by 3rd Party) completed on 8/19
Payment approved on 11/6/2020
Email saying check in mail 11/16/2020

Yours took a long time and seems it is getting worse.

When they added folks with wells could get from batteries, that opened the flood gates

Yup, it sounds like there are a lot of people who happen to have a well, but still have water coming in from a utility. This has caused some issues that the SGIP administrator is trying to remedy. They want homeowners to attest under penalty of perjury that they only get water from a well.

upload_2020-11-17_11-38-40.png

Yup, it sounds like there are a lot of people who happen to have a well, but still have water coming in from a utility. This has caused some issues that the SGIP administrator is trying to remedy. They want homeowners to attest under penalty of perjury that they only get water from a well.

View attachment 609277

Yep, they are gaming the system. And at the expense of folks on medical baseline or low income. PUC should have seen this coming.

FYI - based on this webinar I've got going on in the background... it sounds like the SGIP policymakers have shifted $10mm from the large-scale SGIP (the one that helps people get 3x or more powerwalls) into the non-residential equity program.

Sounds like businesses near fire zones had exhausted their pool for commercial ESS, and now there's a lottery planned to see which non-residential equity applicants will get this new allocation money.

This means the large-scale program now has only about 1/4 of what it had previously been allocated still available (in the PG&E area). If you're still on the fence for 3x Powerwalls in NorCal - you better hop on that bandwagon ASAP.
Did they mention anything about shifting funds to Equity Resiliency since it looks like thats run out for PG&E?

No, they only shifted to non residential equity. Some people submitted questions to ask if there were initiatives to get more residential equity (especially in NorCal PG&E) but they said not at this time.

I think they expect this new well-only attestation to cause applications of people gaming the system to drop out, freeing up some funds.

Reactions: mnsweeps
Ugh - I was dialed into the Webinar since I was keyed in on the large scale program. I need to get Sunrun to hurry the hell up so I can start the process there and try to get my own rebate under this large scale program. $160mm was shifted out of Large Scale.

But it turns out they took money AWAY from Residential Resiliency as well. So this bucket shrunk by $150mm and diverted to Non-Residential and Residential Equity. And this means the Residential Resiliency program is now out of funds in the current step (at least in PG&E and SCE).

TL;DR...

-$150mm
Residential Equity Resiliency = [High risk fire zone OR PSPS impacted] AND [medical baseline OR exclusive well water OR low income] subsidized at 100%

-$160mm
Large Scale Storage = bigger than 10 kilowatts (kW) in size

+$310mm
Non-Residential Equity = low income state and local government facilities, schools, and small businesses
and
Residential Equity = low income but only subsidized at 85%

upload_2020-11-18_9-33-12.png

Following as we have a well and live in a fire zone

Hopefully the SGIP program figures things out, but at this time there are no funds left for PG&E customers under Residential Equity Resiliency with no plan to re-up.

So unless you're low-income you're probably only qualified for the large-scale program. And that's rapidly shrinking.

upload_2020-11-18_10-16-14.png

Last edited: