Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The delivery canceled, no reschedule thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
Makes no sense, since you paid already that should qualify you as priority to get you the car! Sell it to someone else, and still have to find you another car? Odd practice - if it’s closer to someone else, hmmm , ok but mine is traveling from Fremont CA, for delivery eta Oct. 21st (yeah right) ...and the only saving grace in my mind is that there are enough Model 3P+ to get er’ done without having to, or maybe having to, make a holy stiink and a drink!

I wish there was more honesty , and transparency in this process!
Makes total sense to sell car to someone else. Not only do they have money from original customer but now they could collect money from another customer. Total disregard for their customers. So I was given a model S loaner...If I cancel my model 3 delivery and get my money back, can I play games with Tesla for delivering back the model S. And keep on delaying return? :D

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Sg911 and alloverx
So I was supposed to pick up My M3 today at 3pm EST. Called this morning because I hadn't heard a confirmation or received a VIN # or anything. Good thing I called or I would have wasted my time going there and yelled at everyone. As of last night the Tesla website said 3pm appointment. Today it says late Sept. for delivery, In Oct. WTF is going on? I have called the delivery number. Which the first guy to call and email has that extension not working now. WTF. 70k car and I have to go digging for info. This is BS.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
So I was supposed to pick up My M3 today at 3pm EST. Called this morning because I hadn't heard a confirmation or received a VIN # or anything. Good thing I called or I would have wasted my time going there and yelled at everyone. As of last night the Tesla website said 3pm appointment. Today it says late Sept. for delivery, In Oct. WTF is going on? I have called the delivery number. Which the first guy to call and email has that extension not working now. WTF. 70k car and I have to go digging for info. This is BS.
My account was never updated to show the appointment for my delivery. Received an email with the confirmation and the VIN number appeared in the account about 3 hours before the appointment, but never the appointment itself. In fact, it is still showing a range of Sept-Nov so you should not count on that as an indication that the appointment doesn't exist.

How is a practice like this acceptable? There has to be something consumers could do. Not sure if our state attorney generals could help represent us. Especially to those who have fully paid for their car, including registration.
This is what you get when you buy from an organization that does not have to adhere to the state dealership laws. Now you are seeing why many states will not allow Tesla sales.

You'll know you're totally screwed when you get an email invitation to rate and comment on your delivery experience.
Robin

This is what you get when you buy from an organization that does not have to adhere to the state dealership laws. Now you are seeing why many states will not allow Tesla sales.

Lame. You do realize that some of the practices about which people are complaining are CAUSED by the state laws, right? For instance, people in Texas who want to buy a Tesla are forced to pay in full before taking delivery because Texas law requires Tesla to operate that way since they do not have franchised dealers. Instead of that nonsense, just allow Tesla to sell directly.

And before you think I’m a Tesla apologist, check a few of my comments. I had a delivery cancelled last weekend and haven’t heard squat from Tesla since, and I’m losing my cool about it. However, I don’t need the state to step in. If it becomes too much I simply cancel my order, get a refund of my deposit, and take my business elsewhere. IMO we don’t need MORE government intervention in the marketplace, we need less.

I probably should have done this first. I too am a passenger on this train though my circumstances are a bit abberant. I've had 2 cancellations but then my car made it here and needed some body shop time. This was delayed waiting for a part. The part got in and they found more problems. At this point they didn't want me to wait any longer so we basically started the order over and the car assigned to me will end up a demo. Currently waiting for delivery info. Local Service Center Team has been doing everything they can to get me hooked up.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
To a demo car? I've seen demo cars. I've driven demo cars. I wouldn't want a demo car when I had ordered a new car. It is of course your call but I would resist getting a 'used' vehicle unless they offered a very tempting discount.

Mine will be brand new. They said they'll probably make the one that was originally assigned to me a demo. I'm most impressed that they pulled the plug before I had to push for a new VIN.

White on White AWD

Deposited 1 week after the model 3 was announced
Ordered: 8/23
Scheduled with vin 9/1: Emailed the day before. Shipping error
Scheduled 9/25: Called day before to cancel, shipping error. No eta. Offered a different color without white seats. Said they will reassign vin. Note this is my first time ever receiving a call.

I'm pretty frustrated. You know shipping problems sooner than the day before. Because of their lack of customer service I will be making a car payment without a car. I'm considering demanding a full refund at this point. Not sure if they even gave me free autopilot if i'd be ok with it. This just happened so I guess I'm still pretty upset.

Update... I got my car! From what I can tell from talking to staff is there was an initial mix up that should be fixed but they are still working on everyone’s botched deliveries.

I called the main Tesla number a few days ago and was surprised to get right through. They said my car was at my delivery center in Utah. I was excited but not ready to fully trust that. I explained I can never get ahold of anyone at the local center. The rep was amazing and just said well usually I can get through. He did but it was a sales rep. When I got transferred by the local sales rep, guess what. Another voicemail box. Frustrated I drove to the local service center the next day. To my surprise they confirmed they have my car and I could pick it up the next day. I had them print out my new vin and worked with the bank to update the vin.

Car is amazing. I was nit picking everything because of my experience but the product so far has 0 issues. Hang in there!

DHolmes - Congrats!

I'm in delivery hell but hopeful - four confirmed delivery dates cancelled - now no date, just Oct. to Nov. possibility. I briefly had a vin but it got pulled, no one at Tesla I've talked to can say why except "reassigned or damaged vehicle". Reservation 4/2/2016, config. 6/28/18 Obs. Blk on Blk, AWD, Atlanta Ga. Amazing how little information the Tesla reps I have spoken with have - most seem very new and in the dark. One did say that there had been a big push to get cars delivered in Q-3 so they assigned delivery dates without vin's assigned in hopes that a suitable car would be available at delivery - this caused many cancelled and rescheduled deliveries, to say nothing of the angry and frustrated customers. The bottom line now - last Tesla rep said - is no vin until it arrives at the delivery center and matches a customer's configuration. I'm not buying this - its contrary to what many others have reported. I've seen aerial photos showing numerous vehicles waiting for shipment - it is amazing that they are unable to allocate cars to waiting customers and then update shipping progress as the vehicle moves to the assigned delivery center. Most packages today are traceable this way and there are many more of them. Ugh.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
It appears, after talking to a zillion people, there is a VIN assigned to me and the last status in the system (where updates aren't reliable) was ready for rail in Fremont. VIN in my sig. No estimated delivery date. Waiting for further confirmation on all of this. I got a hold of a sales person at a Tesla store and he stuck with me to dig in and get details for me.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
@Glamisduner did you get your car????
No I had to reject the delivery due to multiple paint chips they, offered to repaint 3 or 4 panels but I just rejected it instead. It was hard to reject it because it was perfect in every other way as far as I could tell. No issues with hard to close doors or turn signals etc.

Website is back to saying End Of September.

They have checked inventory (0 available) so it looks like I have to wait for the next batch of white / white performance.