Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The delivery canceled, no reschedule thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a horrendous delivery scheduling nightmare over the course of the last several weeks and the end of Q3, I finally took delivery!

10/8: I called Devon delivery center. They confirmed my car had arrived and they were inspecting it for damage.

10/9: I received an email from Devon delivery center highlighting what to bring to delivery and what to expect. I followed up with a call asking if they could provide an Uber to the delivery center so I wouldn't have to have someone take me and drive a car back. I am 1.5 hours away and didn't expect this to happen. Customer service said they would call me right back. 5 minutes later the delivery team called me and said they had a Lyft scheduled to bring me. I thanked them as this was very convenient and a huge help for me. Estimated cost for this trip was $100+ so I was surprised they scheduled it for me.

10/10: Lyft picked up my wife and I at our house and took us to Devon delivery center. On the way I talked Tesla to the driver. He thought we we were buying a $100k+ car and was shocked to hear how affordable the new 3 was and the cost of ownership compared to a gasoline vehicle.He said his wife wants a Tahoe for $50k but its huge and a gas guzzler and a 3 would make more sense for their family.

We arrived at the Devon delivery center and were promptly greeted and shown the car. It was clean and in pristine condition. I requested 10 minutes to look over the car and they had no problem with it. After I made sure there was nothing wrong with the car I went back inside and we signed documents which took about 5 minutes. We went back out to the car and went over the features, charging, and settings for about 15 minutes. We paired our phones and they told us to take it for a drive around the lot to make sure we were comfortable with the car before leaving. I told them I drove a 3 before, but drove it around the lot anyways to make sure there were no weird noises. Finished the mini test drive, shook hands, they said congratulations and we were on our way. A very pleasant experience at the Devon delivery center.

While chatting at the Devon delivery center I mentioned all the hassle up until this point. They apologized for the Nevada scheduling team messing up my config twice, shipping the wrong car, having me pay the car in full, and then selling the car to someone else after I paid in full and then setting multiple fake delivery dates and home delivery dates which is not legal in PA. Devon delivery said they have so many issues with the Nevada scheduling team. He said the Nevada team is swamped and cannot keep up and Tesla is changing up the process of how cars get assigned and delivered for Q4. He said the Devon delivery team of 3 guys delivered over 400 cars at Devon last month and they were swamped as well. I had a code for a $100 supercharging credit (new as of Oct 5) and asked if that could be applied to my account. He hesitated and had to see a manager. I would have thought it would be a no questions asked deal for all the hassle I went through, but the manager did say he would apply it. I haven't seen it show up in my account yet, but maybe I'm not looking at the right place.

Overall the purchasing experience was horrible because I was caught up in the Q3 madness. This was Tesla's fault, but it sounds like they are attempting to fix it. The delivery experience at the Devon delivery center was quick and easy and everyone was friendly. I have zero complaints about the final delivery process. The car arrived in great condition and drives amazing. The Model 3 is without a doubt the best car on the road today.

**EDIT**
Now when I log into my Tesla account it shows my Tesla, which is correct, visually.
When I click on car details it shows the right VIN but wrong photo and the car with wrong options/wheels.
My phone app shows the right car and VIN.
Gonna have to have that fixed...

Last edited:
Awesome you got your car!

Yeah; a single one-time credit of $100 of free supercharging should be a no-brainer and every employee should be empowered to give something like that without consequence and without clearing it with a manager. Heck, with all the delivery issues they should be slinging out extras of these just to make people feel better and $100 here and there for these expensive versions of the car shouldn't matter when smoothing over customers who have gone through delivery hell is much more important at this stage.

Reactions: mzairboy
Here's my delivery timeline and no car or delivery date so far:

6/28: Order placed - AWD, Red, Sport Wheels, Black Interior, selected Marina del Rey Delivery Center
7/24: Changed to White Interior
9/12: Assigned VIN 975xx
9/23: Rejected delivery at Marina del Rey Delivery Center due to paint defects
9/26: Assigned VIN 1007xx, home delivery scheduled for 9/28
9/28: Vehicle still in transit, rescheduled delivery for 9/29
9/29: Vehicle still in transit, rescheduled delivery for 9/30
9/30: Vehicle still has not arrived, I asked them to send the vehicle to Marina del Rey Delivery Center when it does arrive, VIN disappeared from my Tesla account
10/4: ISA returns my voicemail and says she has no new information, and that I'm still assigned to VIN 1007xx. I mentioned that Marina del Rey Delivery Center and she say my account is now showing Costa Mesa Delivery Center. I asked her to change the delivery center back to Marina del Rey and she says she'll follow up when she has more info. I won't be happy if the car arrives in Costa Mesa since I plan to drive it directly to my detailer in Marina del Rey.

Here's my delivery timeline and no car or delivery date so far:

6/28: Order placed - AWD, Red, Sport Wheels, Black Interior, selected Marina del Rey Delivery Center
7/24: Changed to White Interior
9/12: Assigned VIN 975xx
9/23: Rejected delivery at Marina del Rey Delivery Center due to paint defects
9/26: Assigned VIN 1007xx, home delivery scheduled for 9/28
9/28: Vehicle still in transit, rescheduled delivery for 9/29
9/29: Vehicle still in transit, rescheduled delivery for 9/30
9/30: Vehicle still has not arrived, I asked them to send the vehicle to Marina del Rey Delivery Center when it does arrive, VIN disappeared from my Tesla account
10/4: ISA returns my voicemail and says she has no new information, and that I'm still assigned to VIN 1007xx. I mentioned that Marina del Rey Delivery Center and she say my account is now showing Costa Mesa Delivery Center. I asked her to change the delivery center back to Marina del Rey and she says she'll follow up when she has more info. I won't be happy if the car arrives in Costa Mesa since I plan to drive it directly to my detailer in Marina del Rey.
When was your reservation or does that not matter anymore?

Went to my DC to check on status of my delivery. Car is only in New Mexico, destination Boston. Checked their back lot for similar lookin configurations. Funny thing is, I found my original VIN assigned to me back there with inventory on the windshield. Should I ask for a reassignment?
If it was your original VIN, and it's *sitting in the lot*, of course you should ask for it!!!