Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had it as well (picked up today), I didn’t do it in advance - when you arrive to pick it up they’ll get you to sign on an iPad and then come with you to view the car - once you tell them your happy they’ll hit a button on the tablet and send you on your way - just ignore the email basically :) you’ll also get a text reminding you to sign it the day before collection :)
Thanks Alistair. Forgot to mention in my original post, Jason said it had to be done in advance because as it’s contactless there will be no ipad to sign it on. No problem for me as I’ll just do it on my phone ;)

You don't need a reg to get insurance sorted. You should be able to get a firm quote based upon car details (using VIN helps some insurers) then when you know the final details, confirm the reg with the insurer and pay. Other than confirming start date, don't go changing car details at this point. Make sure that everything, bar reg and confirmed start date are mentioned and agreed when you get the quote - a phone call to insurer usually helps.

Some sources have said that cheapest quotes are available around 20 days ahead of it starting.

Yep I have a quote but since I am so close to pick up I've already missed the 20 day thing so rather than 2 calls (1 with the VIN and 1 with the final reg) I'll just sort it when I get the reg...less time I have to spend on hold to insurance companies the better IMO ;)

Damn you, Green warrior! Damn you!

I was hoping for twenty days of peace. Now I have to watch the movements of a ship thousands of miles away, refreshing for more information every ten minutes! ;)

lol
Damn you, Green warrior! Damn you!

I was hoping for twenty days of peace. Now I have to watch the movements of a ship thousands of miles away, refreshing for more information every ten minutes! ;)

Lol sorry mate, not v interesting At the min, sitting at the port. I’ve been a nightmare since I was told it was in Newark :S