Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model 3 - 2020 Q3 Order Thread

Lucanesque

Aug 9, 2020
Brighton, UK
I had it as well (picked up today), I didn’t do it in advance - when you arrive to pick it up they’ll get you to sign on an iPad and then come with you to view the car - once you tell them your happy they’ll hit a button on the tablet and send you on your way - just ignore the email basically :) you’ll also get a text reminding you to sign it the day before collection :)
Thanks Alistair. Forgot to mention in my original post, Jason said it had to be done in advance because as it’s contactless there will be no ipad to sign it on. No problem for me as I’ll just do it on my phone ;)

geordie12

Jul 21, 2020
Hertford
You don't need a reg to get insurance sorted. You should be able to get a firm quote based upon car details (using VIN helps some insurers) then when you know the final details, confirm the reg with the insurer and pay. Other than confirming start date, don't go changing car details at this point. Make sure that everything, bar reg and confirmed start date are mentioned and agreed when you get the quote - a phone call to insurer usually helps.

Some sources have said that cheapest quotes are available around 20 days ahead of it starting.

Yep I have a quote but since I am so close to pick up I've already missed the 20 day thing so rather than 2 calls (1 with the VIN and 1 with the final reg) I'll just sort it when I get the reg...less time I have to spend on hold to insurance companies the better IMO ;)

OneTinyFish

Aug 8, 2020
Isle of Man
Ooo, I have a delivery/collection date.

22nd September from Manchester South.

Now I need to arrange for someone to collect the car for me and load it onto a trailer for the last leg of its journey.

Green warrior

Aug 24, 2020
Beckenham, UK
Damn you, Green warrior! Damn you!

I was hoping for twenty days of peace. Now I have to watch the movements of a ship thousands of miles away, refreshing for more information every ten minutes! ;)

lol
Damn you, Green warrior! Damn you!

I was hoping for twenty days of peace. Now I have to watch the movements of a ship thousands of miles away, refreshing for more information every ten minutes! ;)

Lol sorry mate, not v interesting At the min, sitting at the port. I’ve been a nightmare since I was told it was in Newark :S

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC