Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so you can now pinch over the car icon and it will change the zoom level and keep the map centered.

I think the supercharger availability is annoying, since you gotta zoom in on like 10 square miles. It's pointless if you're on a trip. This is one thing I wish they would just keep like before where you could either set the map to show or not show the chargers. Now you have to go into Navigate > Charging.

Quite a few extra taps to get the same result as before, which has been the main theme and purpose of this update I guess.

It was very useful to have the remaining predicted battery percentage always visible at the bottom of the list of turns. Now the list of turns has to be below a certain threshold for it to be visible unless you scroll to the bottom - which then hides the directions for the next turn.

This next gripe isn't unique to v11, but I always wondered why I could not view the full list of turns or remaining battery percentage in anything but the overall map. Viewing the map in turn-by-turn mode only showed the next couple of turns and no prediction of the ending battery. Seeing the predicted battery is a good way to see if I can make it to my destination or if I have to charge on the way. Or if I can potentially go one stop further than I originally planned.

The new Tesla V11 OS changes are significantly less confusing / frustrating than the Microsoft Windows 7 to Windows 10 which almost everybody has now forgotten about. The Windows 10 to Windows 11 OS changes created a lot of complaints which subside with use of the new OS.

Same confusion / frustration going from Apple MacOS v1 ("Cheetah") to current V12 ("Monterey")... or iOS v1 to v15 (current iPhone & iPad).

Software evolves. I suggest you grab a cocktail or coffee and spend 30 minutes learning the new TeslaOS before you need any of it features. Learning the new UI is the least you could do in lieu of RTFM. Spend another week driving it to learn where the features moved to. Actually make a point to use all the old & new features. THEN post complaints here and let Tesla Support know via Bug Reports.

I've done this with every 50+ software updates on our 2015 MS P85D+ and they all became second nature after the initial learning curve.

It take a Village to raise a Child. It takes a Village of TMC members to get Tesla to listen.
I do not have to worry about rear ending a 18 wheeler when learning new features on my Mac New features in a auto should be easy and intuitive Driving while learning new software and needing to look at the console vs the road is also not optimally user friendly