Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Most Fun "Bad Behavior" ... Because We Can

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the left lane at a traffic light. Some lady in an SUV was behind me and decided she wanted to take the empty right lane. Totally fine. However, most people turn left at the next light about 1/4 mile ahead. I suspected she wanted to get around me and turn left.

light turns green, I hear her engine roar. Game on.

by the time I was at the speed limit she was bus lengths back. But she didn’t give up, she was probably going 70 when she caught and passed me (as I continued at the speed limit), then quickly cut across in front of me and got in the left turn lane.

so.. she “Won”, but I had a good laugh.

I can't believe you lost to a lady in an SUV. Just... I can't... even....

someone passes me on a 2-lane local road going way too fast. Light is red up ahead and they're forced to come to a complete stop. I cruise casually and by the time I'm nearing the light, I see it's about to turn green. I keep creeping, light turns green, and I paste myself to the seat and fly by the other guy so fast his track start makes no difference.

I ease up at speed limit, and they fly by. They win.

Seems to be a lot of Teslas losing races. Other person lost to an SUV.

This should be a clear message to Elon: We need a power boost!

The first time was a strange feeling because I started to become worried that I was losing control, then I let up off the accelerator and the car just re-plants itself and continues on normally. After that, I knew that I really had a lot of leeway to drift for fun in the snow.

Just bear in mind that this re-planting is also a function of road condition and how worn your tires are... if your tires are near end-of-life or the snow base is icy, you don't have that safety margin.

Not a Tesla story, but I was stopped at a light in my well-marked driving school car... a 1.4L compact. There was no student in the car, just me. My window was open, and an older black Firebird Trans Am pulled up on my left making an admittedly impressive sound. This was the classic late-1970's black one with gold trim, T-top, and the huge gold bird on the hood.

There were 4-5 "dudes" inside, maybe 18-23. The driver revved the engine to get my attention. Sometimes when people see "Student Driver" on a car, they like to mess with us a bit.

Well, I couldn't resist, I said "You guys want to race?" "Yes!" they said. I said "No no no just kidding!"

Of course, they laid a strip of rubber when the light turned green. I checked both ways and accelerated normally. I guess they won. I laughed and said to myself: "Congratulations."

The story would be better if they got a ticket -- That would mean I had won.

In hindsight, maybe it was a bit unprofessional of me to encourage them, but it was gonna happen anyway.