Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The number of used Tesla 3/Y available is staggering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It cannot detect curbs or skinny poles. It gives a false sense of confidence and can lead to accidents. That is why I think it's useless and needs to be replaced (industry-wide) by something better.
I think the answer is what Tesla is trying to move towards, all vision based, which is fine but the cars stuck without having anything is kind of adding another list of items to deal with on the "upcoming release". Likely have to deal with $XXX retrofit kits and etc.

My husband would have no issue. My spatial judgment is nowhere near as good as his. With the MY with the distance info, I had no issues, which was a first. The Corvette lives in the garage with the motorcycles on either side. He moves that car. It would get destroyed if I did it. Rumor has it men have better spatial awareness compared to women.

Man, I’m pretty good (male), but the cameras can really confuse the senses. I think it took me 3 years to finally figure out how to use them for close parking / avoiding hitting curbs.

(Add to that that Tesla’s rims don’t mount tires proud enough to protect the wheels… ooooff.)