Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The number of used Tesla 3/Y available is staggering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well folks this is the best time ever to buy a used Tesla. Prices have hit the bottom. You can get a Model Y for $35k now, based on complaints I’ve seen on trade-in values.
I would be surprised if we're at the bottom yet. Carvana (and others) going bankrupt are likely going to crater the used car market.

I cant see new car prices holding either. Between used car prices dropping hard, and the recession, the amount of buyers looking to get a $60K+ vehicle, at high interest rates, has to be shrinking quickly. The $3750/7500 folks were looking to save by holding out til 2023, has mostly been eaten up by the additional financing costs of the fed hikes; a 1% increase is roughly $2K in additional interest over a standard car loan period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daekwan and cdub
I think we are not at bottom. I think that will come sometime in 2023. It is looking like a more attractive time to buy used since prices have softened and interest rates are expected to continue to rise. Cash buyers should hold for bottom.

I agree the failure of Carvana could cause prices to plummet when all those vehicles hit the auction. I can't help but think this industry will try to limit the impact in some way though. If that happened the losses to other dealers could cause a domino effect.

Reactions: randmness
End of the day, these cars are not collector pieces. Treating it differently than any other cars being driven off the lot and seeing the value drop will just lead to disappointment.

If you want a new Tesla, get a new Tesla and be fine with the MSRP. If you're fine with a used Tesla, the good news is that there are now options. Either way, enjoy it and don't stress on all the what ifs, will create a bunch of grey hair and make your heart work twice as much, hehe.

What issue? any reported death, accidents, critical errors due to lack of USS or vision only? non USS cars are just being delivered to the customers, and no one knows how bad or good or same they are.
Until Tesla adds camera(s) to the front bumper there is no longer any information displayed about the distance in front of the vehicle while parking. (The windshield cameras are mounted high, have no angle to view what is directly ahead of the front of the Tesla Model Y while parking. I pull into my garage, front in, twice or more every day, have come to rely on the USS sensor information being displayed informing me starting when my vehicle is 30 inches from the back wall of my garage, I stop at 24 inches. The lack of the USS sensors would impact my use of my Model Y (even more than the heated steering wheel which my 2020 MY does not have.)

Until Tesla adds camera(s) to the front bumper there is no longer any information displayed about the distance in front of the vehicle while parking. (The windshield cameras are mounted high, have no angle to view what is directly ahead of the front of the Tesla Model Y while parking. I pull into my garage, front in, twice or more every day, have come to rely on the USS sensor information being displayed informing me starting when my vehicle is 30 inches from the back wall of my garage, I stop at 24 inches. The lack of the USS sensors would impact my use of my Model Y (even more than the heated steering wheel which my 2020 MY does not have.)
There are literally millions of cars parked in the garages without the USS and just fine. it is a convenience feature.