Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2020 Model Y with super low miles. Should I be concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the Tesla world and jumping in with a Used 2020 Model Y with only 7,800 miles and FSD. I just wanted some feedback on how low the miles are versus the price. I see other exact set-ups in the same region for sale on Tesla and they are higher prices with no listed differences. Since I'm new to Tesla should there be any reason to be concerned with a vehicle with such low miles after 3 years? Normally I would think that is a good thing, but why was it not being used and why is the price lower than similar Y's with more miles? I asked Tesla's rep that question and he said it could've been a lease vehicle, but who knows? Any opinions?

My wife’s 2018 Model 3 only had 14.5k miles when we traded it last month, so I don’t think there’s anything unusual about the low mileage. We don’t commute and we use my Model S for road trips, so the Model 3 was used for local driving. If the price is lower than comparable cars with more miles, there might be something else going on, but the low mileage isn’t a concern.

My wife’s 2018 Model 3 only had 14.5k miles when we traded it last month, so I don’t think there’s anything unusual about the low mileage. We don’t commute and we use my Model S for road trips, so the Model 3 was used for local driving. If the price is lower than comparable cars with more miles, there might be something else going on, but the low mileage isn’t a concern.
Thanks that makes me feel a little better. I pick it up tomorrow in West Palm Beach so hopefully goes well

Thanks that makes me feel a little better. I pick it up tomorrow in West Palm Beach so hopefully goes well

Did you get the CarFax history?

The low mileage is not really an issue, and if it's just three years,
it could have been a lease, and was on sale for that reason.

But the lower price, including FSD, might be that
the car could have been in accident (but you should then have been informed).

I took delivery of a 2020 model Y June 4. As of today it’s got about 8000 miles. I just don’t drive much. Do a lot of online shopping. And I tried to get things I need bundled in one day a week.