Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Oil Companies?????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had confirmation this summer that Elon Musk eats In-N-Out, and if Brianman runs into Elon, you might just be out of luck.
;)
If I ran into Elon, somehow I think they would make me pay for the replacement nosecone.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally want to ride shotgun on a Brianman excursion. Hopefully he'll not leave me this time when he goes to In-N-Out
Blame Bradleybang who distracted me with his Roadster keys. :)

The EV installed base is far from making a tiny dent on petroleum usage.
But now oil companies know that for every US$ 10 / barrel oil goes up, probably US$ 100 million / year more goes into electric battery research alone. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little.
Now they must make fool cells (ehh fuel cells) happen. And their shortcomings will show up quickly, instead of being a rosy always in the future proposition.
A toast to one million EVs in the roads (just 0,1% of installed base), still not enough to make a tiny dent on petroleum usage, but enough most people know better about all the EV FUD out there.
Wish Elon would make that Giga li-ion factory a startup that we could micro invest on. Put US$ 10k now, and get US$ 10 million over 20 years.