Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Perfect Tesla Raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I not only appreciate your purchases -- wow! 4! 8! -- but also your willingness to say so publicly.

Thanks!

Alan

P.S. Tue Oct 27, Hearing Room B-1, MA State House, 1 p.m., Senate Bill 1747 re carbon-fee-and-rebate in review by Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy (TUE) Committee... if you live in MA or know someone who does, please come show your support / ask your friend to do so, as it WILL make a difference!

Hi, P85dreamer, please PM me with your full name, email address and ticket order number from the receipt (assuming you've received the receipt).

You should have received the receipt pretty much right away and the tickets within say 5-10 minutes (always depending on any delays that your receiving mail system also inserts, of course, for example one of my mail hosts routinely delays my email by as much as an hour).

That's assuming you paid by credit card.

If you paid by cash and sent the cash to us through the mail, then I'm going to have to come to your house and sell you a bridge, because you shouldn't be sending anyone cash through the mail! Glad we got that straightened out.

If you sent us a check, then we have to get it from the post office box, log it in, then get it over to the bank to be deposited, and then monitor the deposits for the next few days until the check clears. I'm sorry to say that we're not the speediest on check processing and I'm looking at ways to speed that up.

Thanks,
Alan

P.S. What @gavine said: also check your spam folder. Thanks, @gavine!

How long between "order completed" and receiving email "ticket"....it's been over a day for me

- - - Updated - - -

Great handle! :)

Dunno how we're going to work that in for the inevitable, self-congratulatory Climate XChange press release... Hmmm...

======

Intrepid Barely-Known Climate Organization's Raffle Wildly Successful: Tremendous Visibility Achieved for Carbon Pricing & S.1747

[blah blah blah]

An awesomely eXcited raffle ticket purchaser and Grand Prize Winner, TMC's very own @Poison Dart Brew, commented,

I was working in the lab late one night(*)
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For Carbon Pricing From S.1747 began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise....

I won an X!
I won an Awesome X!
I won an X!
It was a Poison Dart SucceX!
He won an X!
It can carry a bicycle AND an IbeX!
He won an X!
He won an Awesome X!

[I think I need some help finishing this...]

(*)Presumably brewing poison darts?

I am in for one ticket, I need a Model X next to my Model S. :)

Oh, man, calling to make sure you didn't win.... (sigh) :)

I promise you that we will be reaching out to all six winners the night of December 31, for any winners who aren't already in the room when we hold the Drawing. Given that we're picking six winners, and that there are sales beyond the Massachusetts area, it seems likely that there will be at least one winner who we have to call or email.

Hmmm.... well... feedback welcome on this, I haven't thought it through....

Since we are likely to be drawing around 11:30 p.m., just before New Year's Eve, should we really try to contact everyone, or is it unacceptable to be calling that late, even on New Year's Eve? And what if we wind up finishing the drawing after midnight? I'm thinking that the Grand Prize Winner should be notified ASAP, no matter what the time. But maybe for the second through sixth prizes, we should make notification calls at a more reasonable hour later New Year's Day.

Of course, the emails can go out immediately, no sense delaying those.

And of course immediate notifications to national print and televisual media, the White House and the Nobel Committee.

I got one, thanks for the Crhome spam folder tip. Never had luck with any games of hazard or lotteries, but I will call them on Jan. 04 to make sure I did not win.

Oh, man, calling to make sure you didn't win.... (sigh) :)

I promise you that we will be reaching out to all six winners the night of December 31, for any winners who aren't already in the room when we hold the Drawing. Given that we're picking six winners, and that there are sales beyond the Massachusetts area, it seems likely that there will be at least one winner who we have to call or email.

Hmmm.... well... feedback welcome on this, I haven't thought it through....

Since we are likely to be drawing around 11:30 p.m., just before New Year's Eve, should we really try to contact everyone, or is it unacceptable to be calling that late, even on New Year's Eve? And what if we wind up finishing the drawing after midnight? I'm thinking that the Grand Prize Winner should be notified ASAP, no matter what the time. But maybe for the second through sixth prizes, we should make notification calls at a more reasonable hour later New Year's Day.

Of course, the emails can go out immediately, no sense delaying those.

And of course immediate notifications to national print and televisual media, the White House and the Nobel Committee.

If winners are in the Eastern Time Zone, it might be past their bedtime, but 11:30 in Massachusetts is only 8:30 on the West Coast. I'm a night owl, so it's more of a problem for me to get phone calls in the early morning, but I realize I'm an oddball and don't get upset about it when it happens.

You mentioned above you sometimes see e-mails come in hours later. Some e-mail servers have a spam protection with a white list. E-mail coming in from a server it has seen before is on the white list and passed through without delay. If e-mail comes in from a server it hasn't seen before, it will respond with a "can't deliver right now" message. If the sender is legitimate and not spoofing a real e-mail server, it will try sending again in about an hour. When the incoming server sees the message a second time, it knows the sender is a legitimate server and lets it through. It also puts the sender on the white list for future e-mails.

The provider that hosts my e-mail addresses put this in a few years ago. It's annoying when I sign up for something new and the confirmation e-mail takes 1-2 hours to come in, but it does cut down on the spam in general.

Every time I see this thread pop up I think of David Allen Coe, and his song "You Never Even Called Me by my Name". Self described as the perfect country and western song.

You Never Even Called Me by My Name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the song's iconic closing verse, Coe explains that "a friend of mine named Steve Goodman" wrote the song and considered it "the perfect country and western song". Coe, upon receiving the song, explained to Goodman that he was wrong; there was no way a song could be "the perfect country and western song" without mentioning a laundry list of clichés: “mama, or trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting drunk.” Goodman then proceeded to add the final verse, incorporating all five of Coe's facetious "requirements," whereupon Coe agreed that now it was "the perfect country-and-western song" and felt obliged to add it to the end of the record:
I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
And I went to pick'er up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got runned over by a damned ol' train

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh. That's quite interesting. I wasn't thinking about re-queuing failing transmissions. Thank you for pointing that out!

As for time zones... yeah, really, the story just gets better the farther west we go.

Thanks,
Alan

If winners are in the Eastern Time Zone, it might be past their bedtime, but 11:30 in Massachusetts is only 8:30 on the West Coast. I'm a night owl, so it's more of a problem for me to get phone calls in the early morning, but I realize I'm an oddball and don't get upset about it when it happens.

You mentioned above you sometimes see e-mails come in hours later. Some e-mail servers have a spam protection with a white list. E-mail coming in from a server it has seen before is on the white list and passed through without delay. If e-mail comes in from a server it hasn't seen before, it will respond with a "can't deliver right now" message. If the sender is legitimate and not spoofing a real e-mail server, it will try sending again in about an hour. When the incoming server sees the message a second time, it knows the sender is a legitimate server and lets it through. It also puts the sender on the white list for future e-mails.

The provider that hosts my e-mail addresses put this in a few years ago. It's annoying when I sign up for something new and the confirmation e-mail takes 1-2 hours to come in, but it does cut down on the spam in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite a back story, song and closing verse!

By the way, please allow me to point out, in defense of my own modesty, as it were, that I didn't choose the title of this thread and have never described the Climate XChange raffle as "perfect". Others have done that... and very kindly so... and I am grateful to them! But also embarrassed, and conscious that like anything else, this raffle isn't perfect. :-( It takes a strong stomach to watch the sausage being made... :)

Every time I see this thread pop up I think of David Allen Coe, and his song "You Never Even Called Me by my Name". Self described as the perfect country and western song.

You Never Even Called Me by My Name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator: