Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The REAL reason I’m excited about the Model Y...it’s not the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love hunting down the perfect deal. My Model S is Great and the deal was Excellent.
With the Model Y coming down the pipeline, I’m looking forward to an excellent Crossover SUV.

However, the real reason I’m excited is, Used Model X Prices are going to drop at least 10%, watch. Right now you can’t get one for about less than $64k, but by the time we hit Summer, they’ll be in the high $50k range. And that is what I’m excited about.

I’m holding out for a 2016-17 MX 90D

What are your thoughts. Sound off below.

You could be right. A lot might have to do with overall size. Does the Y have 3rd row seats? What is the range? The more they are like an X the more current owners might want to replace it with a Y. Why do you want an X over a Y?

Reactions: Latorre
You could be right. A lot might have to do with overall size. Does the Y have 3rd row seats? What is the range? The more they are like an X the more current owners might want to replace it with a Y. Why do you want an X over a Y?

I love the X, the car is huge compared to its foot print.
The Y has its place, of course, but I’m a stage in my life where I like Bigger Cars.

Honestly after seeing it I'm not sure how it's a "mid size" SUV ... Unless they get away with that with the 3rd row

Did you see it in person? I'm curious as to how the size compares to other Mid-sized SUV's. Also, I figure that, like all Tesla's, the interior room, far exceeds that of the competition because of the obvious. You know, no gas tank, no tranny or engine....

Reactions: MTOman
Everyone says they are not a SUV person but 90% of the time it is a better daily car ha
Getting in/out, visbility, utility, “confidence” etc

I also agree with OP. I’m going to get a X in two years. At least a 2018 with fold down second row and EAP.

3s have already affected used S resales. We will see the same. Y > X

Love it Man, I'm an SUV guy at Heart but the Model S pulled me back into the world of Sport Sedans. I, selfishly, want to get my wife a Model X, that truck is too sweet not to. How do you think the resale for a 2018 MX would look in 2021? Work on the street is that there is a Minor refresh coming in Late 2019 and a total overhaul for the MS and MX in 2021...?

With a used X being about the same price as a new AWD Y, it will be an easy decision for me. (I'm Team used X) The only way that a used X will below $50k is if the following happens: Car has AP1, They do an interior refresh of the S/X, Full Self Driving is really good.

Reactions: cdub and Latorre
With a used X being about the same price as a new AWD Y, it will be an easy decision for me. (I'm Team used X) The only way that a used X will below $50k is if the following happens: Car has AP1, They do an interior refresh of the S/X, Full Self Driving is really good.

Great input. This Model Y will o my accelerate that. Can’t wait for that refresh though, imagine what that would be all about!