Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The robotaxi "one more thing"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible that the new roadster will be the robotaxi "one more thing"? I think it could be with the following caveat.

Elon hates that all of those influencers got free roadsters, many of them multiples. He doesn't want to give the cars to them . I predict that he will announce the roadster soon, perhaps at the robo taxi event, with the following condition.

Just like the founders edition cybertruck, you can only get the founders edition roadster. It'll be a few more years before they make the regular one. (The founders edition will have the SpaceX package for sure.)

Either that or you have to buy certain options, only certain options will be produced for a while, no base vehicles.​
That way he can deliver the new roadster, and not have to give anything away. He can have his cake and eat it too!

Like I say, Elon hates giving away anything!

Thoughts?

Elon hates that all of those influencers got free roadsters, many of them multiples. He doesn't want to give the cars to them .

Where did you hear this? Link(s)?

(Sure, it's well within his wheelhouse to take that stance, but I personally have not see that explicitly stated anywhere.)

Just like the founders edition cybertruck, you can only get the founders edition roadster.

The referral award winners *did* win the "founders series" NGR.

link: https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program/phase-9

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Where did you hear this? Link(s)?

(Sure, it's well within his wheelhouse to take that stance, but I personally have not see that explicitly stated anywhere.)

The referral award winners *did* win the "founders series" NGR.

link: https://www.tesla.com/support/referral-program/phase-9

I had forgotten about the founders series roadster giveaway. Good memory! I guess they will have to use a different name, but I still think that's the idea.

And that's the whole point on all of this. It's just speculation on my part. (And counseling experience. Elon is a wonderful study! I like the guy, but irritation is a constant companion.)