Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Telsa smile, have I joined a cult ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

one2many

Aug 16, 2019
germany
Ok I am having a slow day.
Back in the day of firebirds, roadrunners, supper bee's and
so on everyone would look at them and smile, wave and honk horns.
I did not drive my Tesla today but I am still smiling. I cannot stop.
I have other friends that were driving junk low priced cars that got
Tesla's. I am no fanboy, just a guy that loves cool cars.
Everyone talks about the Tesla smile.

Reactions: Rex Kramer
I've been seeing a whole lot of that Tesla smile lately giving family and friends spirited rides in my new P3D. It is a new found hobby for me watching each personality react to the ridiculous power of this little golf cart. Best purchase of my life.

took a female co worker riding the other day. Got down on it a couple of times without warning and she squealed. I figured she'd never ride with me again but just the contrary, she now asks when we gonna go riding again :) She summed it up pretty good when she said that was both exhilarating and terrifying! :D

Last edited:
Any of you let anyone else jam on it while you ride shotgun? I let me brother drive yesterday and he floored it a couple times. I swear it seems 20% faster when you are not in control and riding as a passenger. Gave me an extra jolt of that exhilaration and terror mentioned above.

took a female co worker riding the other day. Got down on it a couple of times without warning and she squealed. I figured she'd never ride with me again but just the contrary, she now asks when we gonna go riding again :) She summed it up pretty good when she said that was both exhilarating and terrifying! :D
Naughty boy. You must warn her whenever you go down.

Maybe why I had to pay cash in a brown paper bag
when I got the car. burner phone and all. ( in the family now)
As for cult, I was thinking more the sunshine cleaners
on Seinfeld cause the always has the stupid tesla smile.

I've made one 500 mile trip, and 20 or so commutes. And I still find myself grinning when I just hit Park, get out and walk away.
I have a very trusted mechanic who has worked on all my cars for 25+ years. I went by the other day with The Good Ship Venus. He was upset. Said now his kids would have to go to community college since I sold my two Money Sewers.
Yeah, it's a cult. A cult of enjoyment, and no snakes nor special brew to drink!

Any of you let anyone else jam on it while you ride shotgun? I let me brother drive yesterday and he floored it a couple times. I swear it seems 20% faster when you are not in control and riding as a passenger. Gave me an extra jolt of that exhilaration and terror mentioned above.
Anyone? Some where on TMC from years and years ago, there's a story here of a guy that let his gardener drive his new S. He encouraged him to punch it hard going into the turn. The car left the road and down through the bushes. Tore the h#!! out of it, both sides, damaged a wheel, all sorts of damage. He was warning us with his post to check that anyone you let drive, - can drive and has a license. His gardener did not - either.

I've made one 500 mile trip, and 20 or so commutes. And I still find myself grinning when I just hit Park, get out and walk away.
I have a very trusted mechanic who has worked on all my cars for 25+ years. I went by the other day with The Good Ship Venus. He was upset. Said now his kids would have to go to community college since I sold my two Money Sewers.
Yeah, it's a cult. A cult of enjoyment, and no snakes nor special brew to drink!

HA !. You think "this is bad" it only gets better. It will change how you look at stuff in your life too. Enjoy the grin, its here to stay.

Reactions: drdumont
Maybe why I had to pay cash in a brown paper bag
when I got the car. burner phone and all. ( in the family now)
As for cult, I was thinking more the sunshine cleaners
on Seinfeld cause the always has the stupid tesla smile.

In my years on TMC and TM, I have read some very funny stuff. Some of its sad, but funny.
From the post about the Husky pooping in the console.
To the simplest but funniest thing I have found. This one is harder to locate, because you have to scroll down to it, so I just paste it here.

From Tesla forum.
Velo1 | 25 November, 2014
@krahim - volunteer to go to the grocery store. Went our S came my wife said we need bread and milk. I eagerly drove to the store, came home, handed her the bread, and said I'm going back now for the milk.

Last edited: