Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Roadster Alpine Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A great opportunity to drive the roadster in harsh winter weather.

I'm abroad on the 22nd - I would love to test-drive again. Well - if I'm lucky my roadster will finally be here by the end of Feb.

Did you see they also have an event in Cortina, Italy (as you seem to be from Italy...). That's pretty much in the east - maybe a bit too remote.

On my way home something went wrong at the self service fuel station and I paid 122 € (= 166 $) for 50 liter (= 13.2 gallons)! WTF!? Can't believe it.
Has to be a divine sign to buy the Roadster.

Tomorrow I'll post some impressions and pictures.

This was my first time even seeing a Roadster. Very small.
It was a sunny day with no snow on the roads, so I had some fun flooring the pedal. I think I went up to almost 120 kmh, but couldn't see it clearly. A shame the speedometer isn't really visible for tall people. I was very impressed by the regeneration, thought it would be more abrupt. I went through Klosters without even using the brakes, unless I wanted to "test" them. Ah... and the car is even more quiet than I would have imagined from the videos I've seen. I drove the lightning green car, it looks fantastic. The cabin is small, but I found it nonetheless very comfortable.
Sadly I had to went home with my own car, dreaming of what it would be to speed the mountains up and down with the Roadster.

roadster1.jpg

roadster2.jpg

roadster3.jpg

roadster4.jpg

Hi Andrew,
they were charging the car with the universal connector on a 32 ampere output from the hotel the event was at. On the second pic you see the cable. The charging was mostly for showing people, as the cars where nearly full charged.
The roads were everywhere like you see them on the third pic, no snow or ice at all, just a bit wet sometimes. The Roadster in any single moment felt like glued on the street.

That offset font plate is driving me crazy. Fix it!

Haha, it's one of the first things I noticed too. Really bad.

@Andrew: It's the Hotel Vereina in Klosters. http://www.hotelvereina.ch
Don't know if the hotel offers 32A recharging, I didn't even see where the cable come from. I was completely focused to the Roadster.
I asked the salesman if it was recharging on 32A and he confirmed. Well, the hotel sure looks really expensive, so...