Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Spotted Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3s have made it to Devon? Crikey.

haha yup it would appear so :) I was a bit surprised to see one there. The SuperCharger is in a bit of a funny location, they are just at the bottom of a pub car park. Managed to charge at 130kW though :)

There was an older couple picking up their Model 3 next to us at Heathrow and the guys wife wasnt very happy with the charge level of the car and kept asking how they expect them to get to Devon in its current state, she seemed a bit against him getting a Model 3 i felt a bit sorry for him.

haha yup it would appear so :) I was a bit surprised to see one there. The SuperCharger is in a bit of a funny location, they are just at the bottom of a pub car park. Managed to charge at 130kW though :)

There was an older couple picking up their Model 3 next to us at Heathrow and the guys wife wasnt very happy with the charge level of the car and kept asking how they expect them to get to Devon in its current state, she seemed a bit against him getting a Model 3 i felt a bit sorry for him.

Mine was a bit like that. Wrong thread but when I told her we needed to come up with a name for the car she suggested "Mid Life Crisis"...

Did you get the Performance model in red by any chance? I got the LR in silver just so I could say there was most definitely no way it could be related to a mid life crisis:)

We bought an S in blue, but the slow (!) one. I think with mine anything up from a 5 year old mondeo and I'd have been accused of a mid life crisis.

We bought an S in blue, but the slow (!) one. I think with mine anything up from a 5 year old mondeo and I'd have been accused of a mid life crisis.
An interesting purchase considering the hype for the smaller car. What are your impressions? I've always liked a big car and I love the style and proportions of the Model S. Is it "up there" with regard to tech and gizmos in your opinion? :cool:

An interesting purchase considering the hype for the smaller car. What are your impressions? I've always liked a big car and I love the style and proportions of the Model S. Is it "up there" with regard to tech and gizmos in your opinion? :cool:

I think it's brilliant. But not necessarily in any ways a 3 wouldn't be as good. Although I haven't driven a 3. I also haven't seriously considered any ICE car of even vaguely similar price. It's a bit ridiculous but the main differentiator for S over 3 for me was a dog-friendly boot. I was uneasy about lack of screen in front of you but that was only my untested impression. I do think losing the S/X AP stalk would be annoying but I haven't tested that either.

I agree on the style and proportions. In general I'd agree with the general consensus on here on pretty much everything I think.

My main takeaway for a first EV is just how supercharging is of no real inconvenience. I realise in hindsight that when I stopped in motorway services before, I actually spent longer there than I thought, and long enough to get quite a few miles of charge into a Tesla. I'm at one now. Piss, buy bread and milk, cuppa, and lo and behold the darn thing has hit about 80%. Now I'm hanging around for a bit of extra charge because otherwise I'll be early for where I'm going.

Negatives - no wireless charging, phone holder thing is sh1t. USBs etc could be better positioned. Could do with a tiny bit of storage somewhere. Vented seats should be standard.

Reactions: Keeper
I think it's brilliant. But not necessarily in any ways a 3 wouldn't be as good. Although I haven't driven a 3. I also haven't seriously considered any ICE car of even vaguely similar price. It's a bit ridiculous but the main differentiator for S over 3 for me was a dog-friendly boot. I was uneasy about lack of screen in front of you but that was only my untested impression. I do think losing the S/X AP stalk would be annoying but I haven't tested that either.

I agree on the style and proportions. In general I'd agree with the general consensus on here on pretty much everything I think.

My main takeaway for a first EV is just how supercharging is of no real inconvenience. I realise in hindsight that when I stopped in motorway services before, I actually spent longer there than I thought, and long enough to get quite a few miles of charge into a Tesla. I'm at one now. Piss, buy bread and milk, cuppa, and lo and behold the darn thing has hit about 80%. Now I'm hanging around for a bit of extra charge because otherwise I'll be early for where I'm going.

Negatives - no wireless charging, phone holder thing is sh1t. USBs etc could be better positioned. Could do with a tiny bit of storage somewhere. Vented seats should be standard.
Are you getting free super charging? It seems to have vanished on their secondhand Model Ss for sale spec. I thought it came for the life of the car?

Are you getting free super charging? It seems to have vanished on their secondhand Model Ss for sale spec. I thought it came for the life of the car?

No. I ordered early May. So after the old "free supercharging for life" offer and before the new one. However I take the view that it's not worth enough in the real world (maybe 10% of charging if that) to make all that much of a difference to me once I have home and work charging sorted.

Meantime I have 6 months and X miles free from a referral so am using it a fair bit.

Reactions: Keeper
A model 3 blue came out of a driveway in Wymeswold, Leics today and followed me a46. Looked amazing. Should have picked mine up tomorrow but had a call today to say maybe Monday now! If the blue one lives there then there will be another not far away from it soon!