Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Spotted Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a black M3 heading northbound on the M40 last night in the High Wycombe area, say a black MX heading southbound in the same area today. Generally see about 1 per journey.

If you really want to see some Teslas though go and park in the short stay car park at Heathrow T5 - I was there a couple of weeks ago and roughly 1 in 7 cars was a Tesla - all S/X, no 3s yet but I'm sure that will change on my next visit (hopefully because I'll be driving one!)

Spotted a Red M3 heading north, north of Loughborough, was after 5.30pm. Starting to see a few now!

If we have this Wave at another Tesla to acknowledge them when you pass and at the rate at which everyone is getting there M3, we are going to all be waving like the royal family. Non bloody stop! :p

Yes this is very true and yet another way of Tesla advertising in very unconventional ways! The only thing I'm not liking is how when playing the racing game (I've forgot what it's called!) when you steer the wheels actually turn. I assume it's because it's not steer by wire? But surely this will potentially cause flatspots on the front tyres? Also I assume if used with a game controller this issue won't be applicable?
I was just thinking about the wheels turning thing as I'm sure it is drive by wire. I think it's probably more to do with you could be parked on a hill and the handbrake could break... and it would be a small consolation to get a new personal best in the game, whilst the Tesla rolled down the hill out of your control and into something.

How many have they sold so far?

2,082 Tesla Model 3 cars registered in the UK in August, making it the 3rd best selling car in the UK, according to Tesla Model 3 was UK's third bestselling car in August .

Anyway, in the 964 miles I travelled over the space of a week (see My first longish distance journey in a Model 3 LR) I saw 3 Model 3s on the road (a few more Model Ss and about the same or less Model Xs), but in the last mile nearest my home I saw 5 Model 3s (including all 4 colours), so I think London could be a bit of a hotspot.

If anyone sees my blue P3D in and around London/Herts/Essex please give us a wave! I’ve had mine since June and haven’t seen a single M3. Will do soon as my neighbour has just ordered a LR as a company car/lease after taking a ride in mine.

Reactions: davidmc
Black model 3 on the A287 past Odiham today, I noticed too late to wave :)

Starting to see a few about now, there are two blue ones in Newbury, my colleague is getting a blue one so that'll be three.
My Blue Ernie lives south of Newbury near Kingsclear and comes up the A34 or A4 each day on the way to Swindon.

Had a very Tesla spotting day Friday.
First day driving Ernie to work was let into A34 by a black model S (thanks!), two MS at the Membury Supercharger. At lunchtime I’d taken some colleagues for a spin and whilst chatting in the car park the owner of the MSM M3 from the company next to us came to say hello. Then had a bbq at a friends house in the evening chatting to a Blue M3P owner. Soon I’ll be surprised to meet anyone who daft enough not to have a Tesla.

However that will be great for the air we breathe and the temperature of our little planet. Love just burning sunshine to get me to work.

I see a white model 3 performance most days near Farnborough airport

Lx19 White on white at Nuffield today. Not sure if it was performance as I couldn't see the underline from a distance and someone sitting inside - well lights were on anyway. Might have been same car.

Also seen Lx19 MSM Performance outside Frimley Park, Fri evening. Possibly the same one as spotted on Red Road a few days earlier going the other way.

So thats 4 or 5 UK registered M3's on the road in the wild - S and X are ten a penny these days so I don't count them. Only seen 3 no. 69 plate cars of any make.