Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Wave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4PMb.gif

I had 4 Mustang GT's in a row before getting my M3. We would greet each other (and other muscle cars) with a rev of the engine. Vroom, vroom. Jeep owners wave to each other.

Shouldn't Tesla owners wave at each other? What would the wave be?

I wave to other Tesla people because there are not many Teslas on the road where I am. I've encountered people that are NOT driving Teslas do the "hands in the air" wave as I drive pass or by them. I try to do it if I catch it in time.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I had 4 Mustang GT's in a row before getting my M3. We would greet each other (and other muscle cars) with a rev of the engine. Vroom, vroom. Jeep owners wave to each other.

Shouldn't Tesla owners wave at each other? What would the wave be?
Reving an engine from a Mustang owner is not a greeting; it’s an invite to a race. LOL

Unfortunately, Teslas are so common around me that no one waves. :(

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I used to think the wave on any car was dumb, however like many things, the model 3 has changed my opinion of this. The wave (or a casual peace sign) is a sign of mutual respect. Respect, and understanding that you are both driving the future, and promoting the progression to clean sustainable energy!

Reactions: Tomc62
I used to think the wave on any car was dumb, however like many things, the model 3 has changed my opinion of this. The wave (or a casual peace sign) is a sign of mutual respect. Respect, and understanding that you are both driving the future, and promoting the progression to clean sustainable energy!

I'm used to it because I used to only drive Subarus. People driving Subarus (STi, WRX, LGT) used to always wave to each other.

Subaru and most other ICE group owners stopped waving, honking, RPM blipping or exhaust droning years ago.

Tesla owners typically don't care, few are enthusiasts or gear heads, grease monkeys. And fewer still want to make eye contact or talk (pre and post COVID).

No big loss.