Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions. About to Buy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Is Autosteer on highways standard or only part of EAP?

2) If I’m an existing Tesla owner, what award or discount can I get for referring myself?

3) If my wife isn’t a Tesla owner and the car is bought under her name using my referral link, what award or discount do we get?

4) Is it possible to add each others’ cars with different owners on each of our Tesla apps?

5) Is it possible to transfer free lifetime supercharging to a new Tesla?

Last edited:
1) Is Autosteer on highways standard or only part of EAP?

2) If I’m an existing Tesla owner, what award or discount can I get for referring myself?

3) If my wife isn’t a Tesla owner and the car is bought under her name using my referral link, what award or discount do we get?

4) Is it possible to add each others’ cars with different owners on each of our Tesla apps?

5) Is it possible to transfer free lifetime supercharging to a new Tesla?
1) standard. That function is part of EAP too.

2) please read:

3) see # 2 above

4) Yes. Each person can have a unique username and password. An owner can grant a different account to use the car with the app.

5) No

1) standard. That function is part of EAP too.

2) please read:

3) see # 2 above

4) Yes. Each person can have a unique username and password. An owner can grant a different account to use the car with the app.

5) No
Thanks. I saw the referral award page but it doesn’t list the actual benefits. The app shows swag you can redeem for, but no discounts on another car for yourself or another purchaser.

Thanks. I saw the referral award page but it doesn’t list the actual benefits. The app shows swag you can redeem for, but no discounts on another car for yourself or another purchaser.
If you order the new car using the referral section of the app (under Loyalty), you’ll get $500 off the new Model 3 and 3 months of FSD. I don’t think you get credits unless the buyer isn’t a Tesla owner, but I’m not sure.

You need to actually go to a referral link in order to see the first time buyer benefits: currently $1,000 off for S/X, $500 for 3/Y, and all those get 3 months FSD.

Once you bought a Tesla, you can’t use the above first time benefits anymore but you can still earn points to redeem a reward.

Reactions: Jack Tripper
You need to actually go to a referral link in order to see the first time buyer benefits: currently $1,000 off for S/X, $500 for 3/Y, and all those get 3 months FSD.

Once you bought a Tesla, you can’t use the above first time benefits anymore but you can still earn points to redeem a reward.
Not correct, those discounts are what you get as a current Tesla owner if you buy a new one (via the Loot Box in the app). What you don’t get as an existing owner are referral credits that you can redeem for stuff. I ordered a new Y to replace our Model 3 and got a $500 loyalty discount. I don’t know about the 3 free months of FSD because I’m doing the FSD transfer, so it’s not relevant.

Look in the App under "Earn" to see the incentives. Currently, anyone can get $500 off and a referrer can get 10,000 non-transferrable points. There are no household/partner restrictions that I know of so if your wife is not yet an owner, you should be able to refer her. She'll get the $500 and you'll get the 10,000 points which are enough for the acceleration boost software unlock (for your car only) or a charger and some SWAG.