Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things I will miss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The outside ones. The rear view mirror inside the car does. But in models built before June of this year, the side view mirrors (at least on the driver's side; I don't recall what I've read about the passenger side one) do dim.
Too convoluted, cannot tell what you mean.

I have a March 2018 TM3, and all three mirrors dim. Is that no longer true?

Last edited:
As much as I can - 98% of what I listen to is off of a flash drive. Sadly, much of what I RIPed was at a lower bit rate many years ago, so I am slowly redoing everything into FLAC and replacing some CDs that have been remastered. (27,000 songs is a lot of work)
Or you could sign up for iTunes Match, it finds the songs you have in your collection and then matches them with the current high rez remastered versions on iTunes. If you download these they are yours to keep. I think it handled up to 100,000 songs the last time I looked. I ended up continuing to subscribe to iTunes Match at $25/yr as it lets me keep my entire music collection, even songs it doesn't match, in one location that I can access from ANY Apple device I am signed in on, like my HomePods

Reactions: AKinDC
Or you could sign up for iTunes Match, it finds the songs you have in your collection and then matches them with the current high rez remastered versions on iTunes. If you download these they are yours to keep. I think it handled up to 100,000 songs the last time I looked. I ended up continuing to subscribe to iTunes Match at $25/yr as it lets me keep my entire music collection, even songs it doesn't match, in one location that I can access from ANY Apple device I am signed in on, like my HomePods
Yeah - I've thought about this. I've heard a number of instances of it causing a lot of damage (deleting files, copying wrong versions, etc.). I've got a fair number of remixes and special editions of songs that I don't want to lose and those tend to be the first things to get wiped out.

I have contemplated creating a library JUST to match and putting everything else in a safe place and then turning it on just to see what would happen. With 29,000 tracks, that's a lot of work. But it seems like whatever path I end up taking is going to be a lot of work :-S

Yeah - I've thought about this. I've heard a number of instances of it causing a lot of damage (deleting files, copying wrong versions, etc.).
I have an iMac that my library lives on. It's the master and isn't overwritten. I have a backup of the entire iTunes folder before I started on an external drive. I can log into my iTunes Match on this Laptop and there are all the upgraded versions of those songs. Same with my iPhone and iPad and as mentioned my HomePods. I have been listening and it lets me prove to myself that the effort worked. I can then save those copies from my laptop to an external HDD and they will play on any computer, there is no sign in required. If I wanna cancel my iTunes Match I can, I just need to have the storage space on my iDevices to listen to those songs. I can't use my HomePods by themselves w/o Match or Music, they need a device to feed them music.