Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking about changing my Plaid X wheels from 20/45 to 19/55 (overlands from T sport line). How much more comfort will there be on broken pavement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about changing my Plaid X wheels from 20/45 to 19/55 (overlands from T sport line). Not happy with the ride on rough roads. How much more comfort will there be on broken pavement and riffles. How much quieter will they be. For such an expensive car, it should be able to not only be performance......but ride like a cloud. Try driving an Audi etron and you will see what I mean. Both have air suspension but why is the audi so much more comfortable?

I can feel you. My 2022 SLR has 19 inch wheel. I have an Audi Q7 with air suspension and 22 inch wheel. Still the Q7 drives so much smoother and much more comfortable. I guess you can be advanced in motor and battery technology but when it comes to tuning suspension the big old brothers still have a big lead.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
amen. my thoughts exactly. But in your case, the Audi7 ICE should be much lighter so perhaps understandable. But alas the ETron is the same. Another thing..... unlike battery and motor technology, suspension is pretty straight forward. You just have to have the intent that not only are we going to make the best air purification (as an example) in a car........we are going to make the best suspension in our cars. Do you think I would benefit much in this tire change......or just feel even more frustrated?

amen. my thoughts exactly. But in your case, the Audi7 ICE should be much lighter so perhaps understandable. But alas the ETron is the same. Another thing..... unlike battery and motor technology, suspension is pretty straight forward. You just have to have the intent that not only are we going to make the best air purification (as an example) in a car........we are going to make the best suspension in our cars. Do you think I would benefit much in this tire change......or just feel even more frustrated?
My Q7 weights around 4700 lbs, much higher than MSLR’s 4500 lbs. Suspension tuning is not as straightforward as you might think.

Smaller wheel will definitely helps. Different tire will help as well. You should avoid sports oriented tire, go for the comfort/luxury type.