Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of ordering again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I cancelled my order last September because my wife totaled her car and we needed a new car right away. It's been 6 months and I've seen the price of the configuration I ordered last May tp present go up basically 10K. I want to get the price now before it starts climbing more. Current EDD on the website is Jan 2023. My question is....if I decide I want the car after Jan say around March or April, can I still put the car on hold? Thanks. BTW, I also pre-ordered the Cyber truck which is still in limbo at this time. lol

So I cancelled my order last September because my wife totaled her car and we needed a new car right away. It's been 6 months and I've seen the price of the configuration I ordered last May tp present go up basically 10K. I want to get the price now before it starts climbing more. Current EDD on the website is Jan 2023. My question is....if I decide I want the car after Jan say around March or April, can I still put the car on hold? Thanks. BTW, I also pre-ordered the Cyber truck which is still in limbo at this time. lol

You would have to ask tesla, but your best chance at that would be to order the base model (which I believe has delivery dates around december. Tesla has something in their order agreements now that says something like you have XX days from when they first notify you your order is ready to take delivery, or they will cancel your order.

you can thank all the people constantly delaying orders last year who were hoping for tax credits, and people who are delaying this year hoping for upgrades, for teslas more "harsher" stance on this type of stuff.

You would have to ask tesla, but your best chance at that would be to order the base model (which I believe has delivery dates around december. Tesla has something in their order agreements now that says something like you have XX days from when they first notify you your order is ready to take delivery, or they will cancel your order.

you can thank all the people constantly delaying orders last year who were hoping for tax credits, and people who are delaying this year hoping for upgrades, for teslas more "harsher" stance on this type of stuff.
Thank you, I figured as much but was hoping someone here who is in the same boat and have already done what I am planning on doing.

I believe current policy is you can hold for a max of 30 days, and only within the first 90 days of the order. I'm not sure if you can hold on day 89 to push it out another 30 days to maximize, or not. Either way, your desired delivery date would be far out of the hold window if ordered today.