Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third party financing and the option to refuse delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you arranged for a third party financing, and your lender paid Tesla by wire ahead of the delivery, as is Tesla's requirement, did you consider or discuss your option to refuse delivery -- if there is something seriously wrong with the car -- either with Tesla or with the lender?

And in the unlikely case that you did have to refuse delivery, what happened?

Does DFR or a blank check from your lender make this an easier situation to resolve?

Granted, if there is nothing wrong with the car, having it prepaid by the lender is by far the quickest way to get behind the wheel on the day of delivery. My CU is willing to do that, as some members have said their CUs did for them. But is it wise?

I shot an email to my ISA even as I posted here.

He said I have an option to get another VIN assigned, which would take 2-3 weeks. And let's say another week from VIN to delivery. It would be a bummer, a double whammy bummer to be precise, to be both paying for a car that I did not get and to wait another month. But it's good to know that the whole deal would not crumble because of a reject. I was worried it would take longer -- based don some earlier reports.

They can also refund the loan if I chose to forfeit the car. Details to be worked out with the lender. Little chance of THAT happening.

I have to revisit the threads where people reported refusing delivery to see how it worked out for them.

• Helpful
Reactions: gambit48