Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is a decent white touch up paint.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you’re looking for an alternative to the Tesla touch up paint for white cars, (I have a 2018 build) I believe this is a closer match than the Tesla paint kit.
It’s close enough, that I can’t see the difference. Cheaper also. :)
I just spray a bit on a cloth, and dab it on the chip. Not a professional kit, but it will hide your chips really well, colour wise.

I found it in Canadian Tire, so I’m not sure if you Americans have access to this or not.
107D3C71-8D1A-4D5E-9994-46BE8F99CCAA.jpeg
CAAA93A5-5D9C-49B7-BE20-0A21096BD2A8.jpeg
6B1FF254-4B9A-4D2F-BA27-76E4855AEB2D.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Biscuitman and KenC
OP did you ever look at one of the dr colorchip kits to see if they have a match for tesla white? I used those kits for paint chip repair for the leased BMWs I had, which had metallic blue paint, or metallic black paint, or Metallic grey paint, and always found them to be even better than the BMW paint repair kits.

Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Definitely would cost more than a can of rust check paint from a hardware store, but the kits also have squeegees and applicators, etc.

OP did you ever look at one of the dr colorchip kits to see if they have a match for tesla white? I used those kits for paint chip repair for the leased BMWs I had, which had metallic blue paint, or metallic black paint, or Metallic grey paint, and always found them to be even better than the BMW paint repair kits.

Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems

Definitely would cost more than a can of rust check paint from a hardware store, but the kits also have squeegees and applicators, etc.

I didn’t look at any of those kits. I have the Tesla kit only.
I’m sure those are fine also, and the applicators would make it look better also.

Just another option, that matches the colour well.

I didn’t look at any of those kits. I have the Tesla kit only.
I’m sure those are fine also, and the applicators would make it look better also.

Just another option, that matches the colour well.

you have any pictures of the finished product with this paint?

Doesn’t look like it’s in the US. Wonder if rust check is Canada version of rust oleum

I got the Dr. Colorchip and they make some apology about the match due to the complex nature of the white. I have had very good results with their products on metal (BMW, VW) but it is terrible on the bumper of my Tesla and wasn't much better on the bumper of the VW (both plastic).

My car isnt white (its blue) but this is good feedback. Thanks for sharing. Lots of people swear by dr colorchip, so thats a bit disappointing but its good to hear real world feedback.

3C2A6D3F-025E-4085-9B6E-7F5FE6FF2129.jpeg
9923A3FE-B619-4CAD-9F8F-8136F196AF4D.jpeg
D49E9DD6-FB74-4EE5-9F06-6A4F56F1ECC2.jpeg
Here’s a few pics of a bad rock chip. It actually dented the body. I only put one dab on it, so it needs more. There is now other marks around it. Our roads here are unforgiving.
This first dab was enough to stop your eye from jumping right to the chip. :)
It was down to the metal before the dab I put on.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt