TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

This is a FACT Model 3 LR AWD is a 462 HP (Eu) or 457 HP (imperial)

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by conv90, Dec 31, 2019.

1. conv90

conv90 Member

Model 3 LR AWD without "Boost Acceleration" upgrade.
    Taken from Scan My Tesla on my 2109 LR AWD on 2019.40.50.1.
    340 kW is the max registered value. (see arrow).
    I simply made a 60 km/h to 120 km/h acceleration floring the accelerator to 100%.
    SOC 87% and Battery temp around 45°C. Outside temp was around 8 deg °C
    I wanted to post because I never saw an higher value on internet not even on Wugz posts on Reddit.
    Even Wikipedia is displaying "only" 333 kW under Model 3 LR AWD.

Attached Files:

2. TomaGo

TomaGo Member

Interesting but this is the energy consumption, not the motors output power available.

• Like x 1
  3. VQTRVA

VQTRVA Member

4. conv90

conv90 Member

Yes but my log is WITHOUT the $2k upgrade.

Here WUGZ after 5% free upgrade where he stated 333 kW:
    Model 3 AWD tested from 0-160 km/h - Peak power up 7.5%, Peak torque up 1%, 0-60 mph down 0.1s : teslamotors

Here WUGZ WITH the $2k where he stated the 333kW to 370kW increase with Boost Upgrade:
    Model 3 AWD+ (Acceleration Boost) tested from 0-160 km/h - Peak power up 11%, Peak torque up 12%, 0-60 mph in 3.78s : teslamotors

5. conv90

conv90 Member

I disagree, but the 340,31 kW I'm posting are the same 333 kW WUGS is posting as max detected combined kW on Scan My Tesla.

6. Ryephile

Ryephile Member

Is that repeatable, or a one shot "happy" number? Wugz has been transparent that he chooses to show a representative average data set, not a peak number.

7. conv90

conv90 Member

I agree but the graphs he shows are with the bigger number on 333, but I repeat I agree , probably it's only a spike on my example.
    But he stated: " "taken from the BEST of each of the 3 runs )
    I have to say that:
    The value was 339,50 5 min before, then I flored again and it went 340,31, SO I assume it's repeteable.

8. holmgang

holmgang Active Member

same measurement relative to what the other person post, doesnt mean its the same measurement as industry reference (from motor to axle/crank, or to wheel)

9. conv90

conv90 Member

Yes, you are right, but I think it's the closest data to measure horsepower on a Tesla taken from Can Bus data.
    In addition I think that usually the MAX POWER advertised by ICE cars makers is always at the crank.
    Im not saying a Model 3 LR AWD is delivering to the ground 460 HP, but I think it's not a shame to say that Tesla Model 3 LR AWD is a 450-460 HP car.

• Like x 1