Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is why Tesla Vision is not yet ready for Autopark and Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My house shows up as a truck a few feet to the left of my parked car. If I'm stopped for a train, the railcars show as an endless line of trucks.

I was leaving for work last week, and slowly backing up when the awesome Tesla Vision "detected" a small walking animal circling my car, projecting a greyish image on the main screen. I stopped, got out... no cat, or anything else I was nealy about to run over. Got back in, continued my backing up, and again, the screen was showing an animal. My wife was nearby, and I asked he to look around my car. Nothing. Tesla Vision is so good now, it seems to be detecting ghost creatures from the void.

There was a much better story similar to this a couple years ago, with video, of a Tesla driver slowly driving around a cemetery where the screen was showing "people" walking in front of his car, or standing upright and not moving as he passed the invisible beings. As a bonus, he kept his phone camera moving to show both out the windshield, to the screen, and then panning around outside his vehicle. Ghosts, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: DigbyChicken