Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This must be said - GREAT experience with Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the Debbie Downers and naysayers around here, I've got to share a series of good experiences in my little corner of the world. Flame me all you want, but Tesla has definitely taken good care of us.

We got an X in December 2018. Had a couple of trim misalignment issues and some other random quirks. Solved with no hassle whatsoever with a couple of Service Center visits. Literally zero hassle (other than having to go to the Service Center). Never received anything even remotely close to a bad attitude or a refusal to address issues I'd identified with the car. Scheduling the appointment was a breeze too. Only slightly subpar experience was having to take an ICE loaner from Enterprise on my first visit. They've given me a Tesla for every other visit since. The automated text messaging system that they've implemented for service has been a pleasure to use and the staff has always responded very promptly.

We loved the X so much we got a 3 a month ago. It was a January '19 build. Whopping 7 miles on it when I took delivery. Didn't exactly go over the car with a fine-toothed comb at delivery, but noted a few minor cosmetic issues which were taken care of. I've had it for just about a month now and it's driven like a dream (which was to be expected). I've never even really been a small sedan fan, but I absolutely love this car.

Anyway, I took the 3 to my local detailer a full month after I took delivery. After a wax and wash, he pointed out a series of insanely bad rock chips and other obvious imperfections on the lower half of the BACK bumper. Not the front. The back. He said that's the kind of wear and tear that you'd see on a front bumper after several years. There's no way I caused that. His guess was that they loaded the car up on the carrier with the back facing forward. On the drive from California all the way over here, it probably just got sprayed by all sorts of dust and debris.

I drove the car back over to the Service Center and mentioned that this really couldn't have been caused by me. I keep both our Teslas garaged. The rest of our 3 aside from the bottom half of the back bumper is in pristine condition. A couple folks from the delivery team came out, took a close look at it, and agreed to take care of this completely for me. That simple.

I'm just waiting now for one part to come in (which I'm told will only take a few days) and they'll set me up with an appointment at their partner body shop. Needless to say, I'm glad they stand behind their products/service and I continue to be very pleased with both the service and the cars.

Had to throw this in with all the moaning and groaning (some of which I admit is for good reason) on here. Flame away if you must...

Thank you for posting. Always good to hear a positive experience. It helps folks that were like me- soaking up everything I could read prior to ordering a Tesla.

Thank you for posting. Always good to hear a positive experience. It helps folks that were like me- soaking up everything I could read prior to ordering a Tesla.

Even in the early days when there were a higher rate of issues from the factory, the info here was way skewed. We had threads started by people deciding to bail on their reservation due to all the issues being reported here. But then as you talk to friends and acquaintances, facebook groups in local regions, etc, most everyone had little to no issues with their cars.

Last week, judging by the threads here, you'd assume widespread outrage at the price drops and/or the AP/FSD pricing brouhaha. But there are some polls floating around that shows that the majority of people are not that bothered. The media and the shorts will comb these forums and paint a dark picture about all this, but it's all hype. This is not to say that some people aren't truly outraged; it's just that sites like this and the media will amplify that sentiment to the point it no longer reflects the larger reality of the situation.

Yeah, that's why I created this thread. As I said before, this is an American company doing some very bold things and innovating like crazy in ways that are, without being overly dramatic, good for humanity. I'm not in the camp that thinks Elon Musk is God or even a real life Tony Stark, but this is a company that's worth supporting, warts and all, because what they do is a net positive for the world.

The sad fact of the matter though is that the company has created so much hype that it's now clearly possible to make quite a bit of money by betting on their failure. And that's given certain people on Wall Street the incentive to spread FUD where there otherwise shouldn't be any. Which then gives pause to people on Main Street who are genuinely interested in the company and its products. To me, it's just bullish*t that these short-sighted, financial parasites should be able to have any influence in the future viability of the company.

The sad fact of the matter though is that the company has created so much hype that it's now clearly possible to make quite a bit of money by betting on their failure. And that's given certain people on Wall Street the incentive to spread FUD where there otherwise shouldn't be any. Which then gives pause to people on Main Street who are genuinely interested in the company and its products. To me, it's just bullish*t that these short-sighted, financial parasites should be able to have any influence in the future viability of the company.

Entire industries are about to crumble - behemoth corporations are not nimble enough to adapt and they see the writing on the wall. It's not just greedy shorts...
If all you need to do is get rid of Tesla to ensure your survival for another decade or two or three, it doesn't seem like such a tall task.

Yeah, that's why I created this thread. As I said before, this is an American company doing some very bold things and innovating like crazy in ways that are, without being overly dramatic, good for humanity. I'm not in the camp that thinks Elon Musk is God or even a real life Tony Stark, but this is a company that's worth supporting, warts and all, because what they do is a net positive for the world.

You are very correct. And I really like your statement- this is an American Company. I'm not a MAGA guy at all...but I do like to support folks that BUILD things here, when possible. Tesla has its issues- but I am really impressed with their tech and innovation. Good to read about positive experiences as well!

Reactions: SO16
You are very correct. And I really like your statement- this is an American Company. I'm not a MAGA guy at all...but I do like to support folks that BUILD things here, when possible. Tesla has its issues- but I am really impressed with their tech and innovation. Good to read about positive experiences as well!

Yep. Not a MAGA guy in the least myself, but we need to support innovative companies over here.

I got service twice. Only reason for the second visit was small things that I was nit picking about when detailing my car. Both times, even the nit picks, were addressed quickly and I got a Tesla loaner both times. They were in constant text message contact with me to let me know of the extra day it would take for the paint issue (really so small it probably didn't matter). Every time I texted (like a lost puppy without his toy) they responded withing the hour.

I have also had a brand new Mitsubishi and Mazda in my life. The Mitsubishi was in for service once in the first year. The Mazda was in 3 times in 1.5 years. Any time they were in for service, I was out the car (no courtesy vehicle). One time I even had to argue with support that it wasn't my fault. The inner lens of the rear light fell out.

I'm not saying Tesla is perfect They could stand for improvement. However, seasoned dealers / car manufactures could sand for much improvement also.

Reactions: buckerine
I got service twice. Only reason for the second visit was small things that I was nit picking about when detailing my car. Both times, even the nit picks, were addressed quickly and I got a Tesla loaner both times. They were in constant text message contact with me to let me know of the extra day it would take for the paint issue (really so small it probably didn't matter). Every time I texted (like a lost puppy without his toy) they responded withing the hour.

I have also had a brand new Mitsubishi and Mazda in my life. The Mitsubishi was in for service once in the first year. The Mazda was in 3 times in 1.5 years. Any time they were in for service, I was out the car (no courtesy vehicle). One time I even had to argue with support that it wasn't my fault. The inner lens of the rear light fell out.

I'm not saying Tesla is perfect They could stand for improvement. However, seasoned dealers / car manufactures could sand for much improvement also.

Yep. My $100k 2016 Range Rover rode the flatbed back to dealer twice in first four weeks of ownership. In all fairness- dealership took GREAT care of me. But still, let’s compare the history of JLR products to Tesla- those guys can’t brag about anything over Tesla. Quality, innovation, cool factor, etc. except maybe fit and finish of their interiors. JLR tech sucks but they do have luxurious cabins. Even the IPace styling is sweet (to me). But their tech is horrible.

Yep. My $100k 2016 Range Rover rode the flatbed back to dealer twice in first four weeks of ownership. In all fairness- dealership took GREAT care of me. But still, let’s compare the history of JLR products to Tesla- those guys can’t brag about anything over Tesla. Quality, innovation, cool factor, etc. except maybe fit and finish of their interiors. JLR tech sucks but they do have luxurious cabins. Even the IPace styling is sweet (to me). But their tech is horrible.
I only recently noticed that Range Rover have directly copied the model s motorised doorhandles... every car company is copying tesla these days..

Also from Ohio, I have a Model X. I leased this 2 1/2 years ago. This is my first American car and I love it. Service has been great.
Compared to my experiences with Jaguar and Mercedes dealers (I had to actually have my husband call Jag to get things done) Tesla has been easy and a pleasure. So every car and service center can have its issues - I don't think the Tesla experience as a whole is any worse and in my experience has been significantly better.

It's all about the Manager at that particular service center. Good Managers are hard to find. And if not taken care of, they leave for better opportunities. Make sure Tesla knows they have a good captain at that service center. The folks we have running the SCs around me are mostly pathetic at managing. Nice people, just not qualified to run their respective SC.

I want to also report very positive experiences with Tesla (service, buying, etc.). I agree that one's attitude will affect the responses you get from others. It seems some people expect Tesla to be perfect and want to complain when it's not. Every car company has issues - dishonest VW, trucks with fire risks, etc. But Tesla seems to get all the bad press. I chose not to go with BMW again because they recalled some parts on my car that could cause the car to catch fire. I was advised not to park in my garage so the house wouldn't catch fire! Then they had me wait 6 months for the fix! Where are the news stories about that?

• Love
Reactions: StealthP3D
With all the Debbie Downers and naysayers around here, I've got to share a series of good experiences in my little corner of the world. Flame me all you want, but Tesla has definitely taken good care of us.

We got an X in December 2018. Had a couple of trim misalignment issues and some other random quirks. Solved with no hassle whatsoever with a couple of Service Center visits. Literally zero hassle (other than having to go to the Service Center). Never received anything even remotely close to a bad attitude or a refusal to address issues I'd identified with the car. Scheduling the appointment was a breeze too. Only slightly subpar experience was having to take an ICE loaner from Enterprise on my first visit. They've given me a Tesla for every other visit since. The automated text messaging system that they've implemented for service has been a pleasure to use and the staff has always responded very promptly.

We loved the X so much we got a 3 a month ago. It was a January '19 build. Whopping 7 miles on it when I took delivery. Didn't exactly go over the car with a fine-toothed comb at delivery, but noted a few minor cosmetic issues which were taken care of. I've had it for just about a month now and it's driven like a dream (which was to be expected). I've never even really been a small sedan fan, but I absolutely love this car.

Anyway, I took the 3 to my local detailer a full month after I took delivery. After a wax and wash, he pointed out a series of insanely bad rock chips and other obvious imperfections on the lower half of the BACK bumper. Not the front. The back. He said that's the kind of wear and tear that you'd see on a front bumper after several years. There's no way I caused that. His guess was that they loaded the car up on the carrier with the back facing forward. On the drive from California all the way over here, it probably just got sprayed by all sorts of dust and debris.

I drove the car back over to the Service Center and mentioned that this really couldn't have been caused by me. I keep both our Teslas garaged. The rest of our 3 aside from the bottom half of the back bumper is in pristine condition. A couple folks from the delivery team came out, took a close look at it, and agreed to take care of this completely for me. That simple.

I'm just waiting now for one part to come in (which I'm told will only take a few days) and they'll set me up with an appointment at their partner body shop. Needless to say, I'm glad they stand behind their products/service and I continue to be very pleased with both the service and the cars.

Had to throw this in with all the moaning and groaning (some of which I admit is for good reason) on here. Flame away if you must...
I have one of the original Roadsters now upgraded to R80, one of the early Model S which I gave to my son, a Model S P85 which I upgraded two years ago to a P100D and now my wife has a new performance Model 3.

Tesla support has been awesome every step of the way. When I had my first problem on the Roadster with the air conditioner failing, I sent them an email from the car. I got an immediate response back that they were downloading 7MB of data. By the time I got home they had identified the valve that failed and emailed me that a technician would show up at my home at 8am in the morning to replace it before I have to leave for work. Over the last 9 years I have had several similar experiences. I haven't brought any of the Tesla's to the shop in years as they fix it in my garage or pick it up and return it. Try getting that level of service from other vendors.

Reactions: SO16 and StealthP3D
This highlights the problem with Tesla. You got a car 3 months ago and have had multiple service visits? That isn't acceptable, it doesn't matter how nice they are or that each one took at most one day or were same day. Tesla needs to start looking at the cars after they roll off the assembly line.

If it makes you feel any better, the wipers didn’t even work on the non Tesla I looked at years ago. And this was sitting on the dealers lot. Needless to say, I didn’t purchase it.

...he pointed out a series of insanely bad rock chips and other obvious imperfections on the lower half of the BACK bumper. Not the front. The back. He said that's the kind of wear and tear that you'd see on a front bumper after several years. There's no way I caused that. His guess was that they loaded the car up on the carrier with the back facing forward. On the drive from California all the way over here, it probably just got sprayed by all sorts of dust and debris...

As a Sherlock Holmes fan, I love the 1. weird mystery followed by 2. completely plausible explanation :)

Reactions: buckerine
I have one of the original Roadsters now upgraded to R80, one of the early Model S which I gave to my son, a Model S P85 which I upgraded two years ago to a P100D and now my wife has a new performance Model 3.

Tesla support has been awesome every step of the way. When I had my first problem on the Roadster with the air conditioner failing, I sent them an email from the car. I got an immediate response back that they were downloading 7MB of data. By the time I got home they had identified the valve that failed and emailed me that a technician would show up at my home at 8am in the morning to replace it before I have to leave for work. Over the last 9 years I have had several similar experiences. I haven't brought any of the Tesla's to the shop in years as they fix it in my garage or pick it up and return it. Try getting that level of service from other vendors.

I like how this guy has been a member on the forums since 2011 and this is the topic he decides to make his 7th post ever! I have to agree with this and the original post. The service on our X75D has been nothing but stellar from initial delivery to our service appointments. The service staff has always been courteous, friendly, and super knowledgeable.

Whenever we've had an issue with the car, they have either:
1) Diagnosed and fix it over the air, without me having to take the car to a shop in the first place.
2) Scheduled a time/day that works for me (many times early the next day) & provide a loaner and normally fix the issue that same day.
3) Provide a loaner for as long as I need, giving me (at least) daily updates.

I have even showed up to their service center unannounced since I was in the area and they took it in right then and there. They've even offered to pick the car up from our house to take it in for service (we decline since they are right next to Costco and it gives us another reason to go there).

I unfortunately had to go through the body shop network last year when someone sideswiped the car while parked, but Tesla Service provided us a loaner... for 1.5 MONTHS while our car got fixed and even offered transportation to and from the body shop. Keep in mind the Service Center is/was completely separate from the body shop repair network, which is 3rd party and works directly with Tesla Fremont. Unfortunately my wife gave the loaner curb rash and someone clipped the front left bumper while we had it. I reported both of these to the Service Center immediately when they happened. When we returned it, they basically brushed it off and never contacted my insurance (which would have made that my second ever claim in my 18 years of driving, the other being the aforementioned sideswipe).

Compared to my experiences with BMW, both companies have been friendly (I guess you get out what you put in), but Tesla has been a lot more accommodating and overall I've actually had less issues with the MX than any 3 Series I've owned. Then again, it is also the only car I've had that gets better the older it gets.

• Love
Reactions: SO16 and StealthP3D