Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This must be said - GREAT experience with Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the Debbie Downers and naysayers around here, I've got to share a series of good experiences in my little corner of the world. Flame me all you want, but Tesla has definitely taken good care of us.

We got an X in December 2018. Had a couple of trim misalignment issues and some other random quirks. Solved with no hassle whatsoever with a couple of Service Center visits. Literally zero hassle (other than having to go to the Service Center). Never received anything even remotely close to a bad attitude or a refusal to address issues I'd identified with the car. Scheduling the appointment was a breeze too. Only slightly subpar experience was having to take an ICE loaner from Enterprise on my first visit. They've given me a Tesla for every other visit since. The automated text messaging system that they've implemented for service has been a pleasure to use and the staff has always responded very promptly.

We loved the X so much we got a 3 a month ago. It was a January '19 build. Whopping 7 miles on it when I took delivery. Didn't exactly go over the car with a fine-toothed comb at delivery, but noted a few minor cosmetic issues which were taken care of. I've had it for just about a month now and it's driven like a dream (which was to be expected). I've never even really been a small sedan fan, but I absolutely love this car.

Anyway, I took the 3 to my local detailer a full month after I took delivery. After a wax and wash, he pointed out a series of insanely bad rock chips and other obvious imperfections on the lower half of the BACK bumper. Not the front. The back. He said that's the kind of wear and tear that you'd see on a front bumper after several years. There's no way I caused that. His guess was that they loaded the car up on the carrier with the back facing forward. On the drive from California all the way over here, it probably just got sprayed by all sorts of dust and debris.

I drove the car back over to the Service Center and mentioned that this really couldn't have been caused by me. I keep both our Teslas garaged. The rest of our 3 aside from the bottom half of the back bumper is in pristine condition. A couple folks from the delivery team came out, took a close look at it, and agreed to take care of this completely for me. That simple.

I'm just waiting now for one part to come in (which I'm told will only take a few days) and they'll set me up with an appointment at their partner body shop. Needless to say, I'm glad they stand behind their products/service and I continue to be very pleased with both the service and the cars.

Had to throw this in with all the moaning and groaning (some of which I admit is for good reason) on here. Flame away if you must...

With all the Debbie Downers and naysayers around here, I've got to share a series of good experiences in my little corner of the world. Flame me all you want, but Tesla has definitely taken good care of us.

We got an X in December 2018. Had a couple of trim misalignment issues and some other random quirks. Solved with no hassle whatsoever with a couple of Service Center visits. Literally zero hassle (other than having to go to the Service Center). Never received anything even remotely close to a bad attitude or a refusal to address issues I'd identified with the car. Scheduling the appointment was a breeze too. Only slightly subpar experience was having to take an ICE loaner from Enterprise on my first visit. They've given me a Tesla for every other visit since. The automated text messaging system that they've implemented for service has been a pleasure to use and the staff has always responded very promptly.

We loved the X so much we got a 3 a month ago. It was a January '19 build. Whopping 7 miles on it when I took delivery. Didn't exactly go over the car with a fine-toothed comb at delivery, but noted a few minor cosmetic issues which were taken care of. I've had it for just about a month now and it's driven like a dream (which was to be expected). I've never even really been a small sedan fan, but I absolutely love this car.

Anyway, I took the 3 to my local detailer a full month after I took delivery. After a wax and wash, he pointed out a series of insanely bad rock chips and other obvious imperfections on the lower half of the BACK bumper. Not the front. The back. He said that's the kind of wear and tear that you'd see on a front bumper after several years. There's no way I caused that. His guess was that they loaded the car up on the carrier with the back facing forward. On the drive from California all the way over here, it probably just got sprayed by all sorts of dust and debris.

I drove the car back over to the Service Center and mentioned that this really couldn't have been caused by me. I keep both our Teslas garaged. The rest of our 3 aside from the bottom half of the back bumper is in pristine condition. A couple folks from the delivery team came out, took a close look at it, and agreed to take care of this completely for me. That simple.

I'm just waiting now for one part to come in (which I'm told will only take a few days) and they'll set me up with an appointment at their partner body shop. Needless to say, I'm glad they stand behind their products/service and I continue to be very pleased with both the service and the cars.

Had to throw this in with all the moaning and groaning (some of which I admit is for good reason) on here. Flame away if you must...
I just hope one repair does not lead to another and another like what happened to me with my paint defects. Just last Friday I finally have some bad door rattles resolved, that were likely cause by the body shop repainting the factory door dings and scratches. At least I can finally enjoy the car as it was designed but it's not exactly new anymore.

Reactions: C141medic
I have had wonderful experiences with the Cleveland service team. Tesla loaners on both occasions they had my 3. Scheduling was a challenge until recently, though.

Their delivery team is severely understaffed, but I guess that won't be an issue for much longer.

How is this even a good experience? All you proved was NO ONE AT TESLA GIVES A CRAP TILL YOU COMPLAIN. The cars are NOT inspected at all before delivery and their quality control and inspection process sucks/is nonexistant. It took a few trips to address your day one issues on your model X(why wasn't it all fixed in one?) and I imagine it will take a few more to fix your M3 issues.

It took 3 phone calls and 4 emails for me to even get my day 1 issues looked at before having to wait 6 weeks for the service center to get the parts and I had to take my car in for warranty repairs 3 times in the first year of ownership and had to struggle with phone tag and no responses to emails each time. Tesla service and quality control is garbage.

@The person who disagreed with me please explain why? I would love to hear... or are you too busy drinking the koolaid?

Last edited:
How is this even a good experience? All you proved was NO ONE AT TESLA GIVES A CRAP TILL YOU COMPLAIN. The cars are NOT inspected at all before delivery and their quality control and inspection process sucks/is nonexistant. It took a few trips to address your day one issues on your model X(why wasn't it all fixed in one?) and I imagine it will take a few more to fix your M3 issues.

It took 3 phone calls and 4 emails for me to even get my day 1 issues looked at before having to wait 6 weeks for the service center to get the parts and I had to take my car in for warranty repairs 3 times in the first year of ownership and had to struggle with phone tag and no responses to emails each time. Tesla service and quality control is garbage.

@The person who disagreed with me please explain why? I would love to hear... or are you too busy drinking the koolaid?

Lighten up. Maybe that’ll help you get better service. Seriously. Consider what the service folks have to deal with on a daily basis and how you might react yourself in such a situation.

All that matters is that the issues were resolved and resolved expediently. Service Center visits never took more than a day, most were same-day. The level of communication was far and beyond anything I’ve ever experienced at a BMW or Mercedes dealership.

I have to agree, as well as rave about my Alpharetta, GA service team. Not only did they remedy a situation similar to @buckerine but also continue to go above & beyond our expectations. Without disclosing too much detail, they made sure my wife and I were happy with a solution, felt fairly compensated, and would be confident returning for any future service... which they covered for us! Tesla has great people ready and willing to do the right thing, especially if you... TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.

Despite having some serious issue with my model 3 not charging 3 weeks before doing a coast to coast road trip, Tesla pulled out all the stops for me. I was incredibly impressed really. I got a model s loaner for the duration. When they couldn't fix the problem in time they shipped my car across the country and gave me a rental car on my arrival on the East Coast. They threw in free supercharging (without telling me). It looks like they went over the car with a toothcomb and fixed all kinds of things while it was in the shop. They did the trunk seal, I checked to day and all the underbody covers have all their bolts, no sign of any wear or tear despite the snows on the East coast. Everything I have asked for and much more has been fixed. They had to strip the car to find one loose connector somewhere in the harness to fix the charging issue. I think I got very lucky to have so much attention but I have to hand it to Burbank SC. They were real stars. The only problem I had was some jerk who was returning a lease Model X and was being a complete dick about a scratch he made on the car. He spent an hour haranguing the long suffering manager there and generally pissing everyone off. I know that every SC is different (as it is with any other car dealer or mechanic). I can only say my experience thus far has been above and beyond.

It really seems like the service experience is hit or miss across the country. It's completely possible for someone to have a really good experience (I've had several) and others to have nightmares, all under the same company.
People are hit or miss. We all want to be proud of Tesla, it’s products and it’s people... but I would also like to be proud of our owners. This forum is a great example of different perspectives — from the cursed expectations of privilege to the humble appreciation for a company trying to revolutionize a nearly impossible industry. Together we succeed; divided we fall.

Right on bro

Reactions: hcdavis3
People are hit or miss. We all want to be proud of Tesla, it’s products and it’s people... but I would also like to be proud of our owners. This forum is a great example of different perspectives — from the cursed expectations of privilege to the humble appreciation for a company trying to revolutionize a nearly impossible industry. Together we succeed; divided we fall.

Agreed. A little over dramatic, but agreed. :D

• Funny
Reactions: ClarkJoeKent
We got an X in December 2018. Had a couple of trim misalignment issues and some other random quirks. Solved with no hassle whatsoever with a couple of Service Center visits.

This highlights the problem with Tesla. You got a car 3 months ago and have had multiple service visits? That isn't acceptable, it doesn't matter how nice they are or that each one took at most one day or were same day. Tesla needs to start looking at the cars after they roll off the assembly line.

This highlights the problem with Tesla. You got a car 3 months ago and have had multiple service visits? That isn't acceptable, it doesn't matter how nice they are or that each one took at most one day or were same day. Tesla needs to start looking at the cars after they roll off the assembly line.

Actually, just two service visits. Qualifies as "multiple" sure, but stating it in that way sounds like something a short seller would say. (Are you?)

We've all known there can be build inconsistencies coming off the manufacturing line. Vast majority I've seen are easy fixes. And to be honest, had people not been hyper sensitive about those cosmetic issues, I probably wouldn't even have noticed. In our last two BMWs, I never ever checked for trim misalignment (didn't even consider that a thing). After hanging out on these forums for so long, I actually checked the X5 we traded in. Lo and behold, there was definitely some trim misalignment. Had it for three years and never even noticed.

Fact of the matter is, this is an American car company doing things no one else has ever done before on multiple fronts: electric motors, battery tech, renewable energy systems, etc. There are growing pains for sure and they haven't always handled everything optimally (and should probably bolster their PR team if nothing else). But, they're doing some very admirable things and at least my experience has been nothing short of excellent.

Reactions: TES-E and JBT66

I didn’t disagree with you, but given the affect in and tone of your post I am not surprised that people don’t return your phone calls...

Why don’t you just sell your Tesla and go find another car that you like more. Issue that you have with Tesla solved.

Hmm, it must also highlight the problem I had with my last BMW, my last Chevy and my last Ferrari...all of which were in for warranty service / make goods multiple times within my first 3 months of ownership.

Bottom line — if you are detail oriented and care about quality you will find multiple issues with ANY mass-produced product.

And, because forums like this are fertile ground for people who like to point out (“complain about” is probably a better way to say it) every issue that they have, one might get the impression that Tesla is out of the ordinary with regards to QA at delivery...IME they are not much different than any other major manufacturer I have dealt with in the past 10 years...

Kudos to the Decatur GA service center. I had a tire with a slow leak. Turned out to be a nail. I called the main line and they said Decatur would give it a look. I told them I'd be there at 3:20.. Got there on time all the way through Atlanta traffic on 285. Service guy said hello Ken... LOL he was impressed I made it on time. My car was up in the air within 5 minutes of my arrival. They inspected the inside of the tire and determined they could just plug it. I was on my way shortly after. I think this is one of the places closing but the service part will remain open. I wonder what they will do with all that extra space as this was a fancy showroom and they own a good bit of property.

Actually, just two service visits. Qualifies as "multiple" sure, but stating it in that way sounds like something a short seller would say. (Are you?)

No, not a short seller. Your original post is actually the one that makes it sound like more than two visits:
Only slightly subpar experience was having to take an ICE loaner from Enterprise on my first visit. They've given me a Tesla for every other visit since.

That is odd wording for just one additional visit.